Is it possible??

baszha

I am looking for the awesome home theater set up but I want awesome stereo as well. First the gear I am planning on buying......all Klipsch

2 RF-7lll,s front left and right

1 RF-64lll center

2 RP 250-S surrounds

2 R-115SW subs

Denon X4400H for pre/pro

Emotiva XPA-5 GEN3  250wpc all channels driven

I am building a 5.2 system. can anyone tell me how this will sound in stereo mode. I listen to music at least 60 % of the time. Is it possible to get outstanding performance from this set up??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

It looks like you've put a lot thought into that system.  Outstanding choices. 

Have you contacted Cory yet?  @MetropolisLakeOutfitters is a member here and a Klipsch dealer.  I don't think you'll find better service and prices.  Give him a shot for a price quote.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Dave, your opinion of my choices for gear is most assuring. You are right...I have done lots of reading on each component that I have chosen and believe I have selected a good set up. I have not contacted Cory. you are the first person to bring up his name to me. He is at MetropolisLakeOutfitters correct?  Is that a website? Thanks for the contact and I will certainly talk to him.  

@baszha Yes, Cory is @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.  He used that forum name back in the day and when he transitioned to being a Klipsch dealer (and some other audio electronics) he kept the name on the Klipsch Forums.

There is a Facebook page called Klipsch Owners, a closed group.  Cory is known there affectionately as "Batman" because if you need some Klipsch speakers or an amp, you send out the Bat Signal and Batman responds! 

The Klipsch Owners group is open to everybody with a simple request and the requests are screened to keep out scammers and phishing.  It is a non-official Klipsch page and many members here are members there.

When I highlighted the name with an "@" it sends out a notification to the person.  He should see it the next time he logs on and he is good about responding.

• Like 1

That set up you are thinking about is nice, since you are going with the Emotiva external amp though, you can probably save some money and pick up a less costly Denon model with less power if it offers the same options you need.

Yes, the new 7's are super nice, everybody is going nuts over them, it's a significant upgrade from the last ones.  

You may want to consider the new RP-502S surrounds, I just got 24 pair of those in, pretty much the same as the 250S but they look significantly nicer in my opinion and don't cost any more.  

Also don't forget that Parasound just came out with a fresh 5 channel amp, the Halo A52+, all the cool kids are getting those.  :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being "outstanding", the answer is "no".

If you want "outstanding" two channel performance, you will have to make consolations for movies. And vice versa......

Shakey

My Khorn/Belle/Khorn/Heresy/Heresy/Heresy/Heresy HT and 2-channel invites you over to dispel that rumor. For sure there is a better 2-channel system and HT out there; but I think for most of us fanatics here, that is the exception not the norm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

@baszha Yes, Cory is @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.  He used that forum name back in the day and when he transitioned to being a Klipsch dealer (and some other audio electronics) he kept the name on the Klipsch Forums.

There is a Facebook page called Klipsch Owners, a closed group.  Cory is known there affectionately as "Batman" because if you need some Klipsch speakers or an amp, you send out the Bat Signal and Batman responds! 

The Klipsch Owners group is open to everybody with a simple request and the requests are screened to keep out scammers and phishing.  It is a non-official Klipsch page and many members here are members there.

When I highlighted the name with an "@" it sends out a notification to the person.  He should see it the next time he logs on and he is good about responding.

Thanks wvu80, Cory has already contacted me I see in my incoming messages...that was fast!! Also I will check out the Klipsch owners group on Facebook

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teaman said:

That set up you are thinking about is nice, since you are going with the Emotiva external amp though, you can probably save some money and pick up a less costly Denon model with less power if it offers the same options you need.

Thanks Teaman,  I ,ll do that I,ll compare a few other Denons...maybe I can save a little more money.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rplace said:

My Khorn/Belle/Khorn/Heresy/Heresy/Heresy/Heresy HT and 2-channel invites you over to dispel that rumor. For sure there is a better 2-channel system and HT out there; but I think for most of us fanatics here, that is the exception not the norm.

Thanks for that rplace, I was hoping it was possible to have the best of both worlds to some extent. I am running a 2.1 system on my PC. it has two R15PM,s and one R-110SW sub {Klipsch} it sounds unbelievable for a PC stereo and it,s only pushing 50watts. That's what sold me on Klipsch. Now I want more of this outstanding sound!!

48 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Yes, the new 7's are super nice, everybody is going nuts over them, it's a significant upgrade from the last ones.  

You may want to consider the new RP-502S surrounds, I just got 24 pair of those in, pretty much the same as the 250S but they look significantly nicer in my opinion and don't cost any more.  

Also don't forget that Parasound just came out with a fresh 5 channel amp, the Halo A52+, all the cool kids are getting those.  :)  

Thanks I will check out those RP-502S. I will be looking to buy not too far in the distant future, maybe you could give me a price for everything...I ,ll check out the Halo too.

14 hours ago, baszha said:

Thanks for that rplace, I was hoping it was possible to have the best of both worlds to some extent. I am running a 2.1 system on my PC. it has two R15PM,s and one R-110SW sub {Klipsch} it sounds unbelievable for a PC stereo and it,s only pushing 50watts. That's what sold me on Klipsch. Now I want more of this outstanding sound!!

Not the best of both worlds but could be quite good.  Also you haven't pointed out what your hot buttons are when listening.  BOOM for movies, delicacy or imaging for stereo?

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, wvu80 said:

It looks like you've put a lot thought into that system.  Outstanding choices. 

Have you contacted Cory yet?  @MetropolisLakeOutfitters is a member here and a Klipsch dealer.  I don't think you'll find better service and prices.  Give him a shot for a price quote.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hey WVU80,

I wanted to thank you for pointing me to Cory. he accepted me into the group and gave me an offer on the awesome speakers I wanted...the offer was unbelievable!  I saved a lot going through him. I just wanted to thank you.

Gary

11 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Not the best of both worlds but could be quite good.  Also you haven't pointed out what your hot buttons are when listening.  BOOM for movies, delicacy or imaging for stereo?

Pzannucci, that,s my problem I guess... I like and want it all.

It's very hard to get the boom of movies that you think you like with the balance subtleness when listening to moves.  You typically will need to re-balance stuff to make that happen.  Also, the balance provided by music listening many times does not lend itself to what you want across the board.  

11 hours ago, pzannucci said:

It's very hard to get the boom of movies that you think you like with the balance subtleness when listening to moves.  You typically will need to re-balance stuff to make that happen.  Also, the balance provided by music listening many times does not lend itself to what you want across the board.  

I agree with this. I will also expound on other problems when combining the two.

1) Speaker placement for both formats is different. For movies you want the speakers near the screen when effects are panned left to right, or vice versa. Yes, it will work with the speakers in other positions, but not ideal. And ideal is what we are talking about here. For music, you will want a much wider spread for the best soundstage and imaging.

2) Multi-channel processors do NOT do justice to two channel music. Again,  yes it will sound ok. But will a simple two channel preamp sound better? You betcha. Same goes for receivers and most 5/6 channel amplifiers. Think"less is more" here.

So the best advice one can take away from this is to decide which is more important to you, video or two channel music. Once this decision is made, design you system first and foremost around that format. And live with whatever performance is left for the other. But believe me, only one will be optimized.

Shakey

• Like 1

It's entirely possible to run different preamps, processors and amp with the same 2 front speakers. I agree that a HTIAB is not going make great music and that a pair of dynaco MK 3s are not going to wow you for movies. Think creatively. Is not hard to have fantastic movies and 2-channel in the same room.