"NEW" C-Series Subs coming soon

RLink

So we will soon have an 8 and 10 inch sub in Glossy Piano Black.  Was hoping for something bigger and in a wood veneer to match my center channel and RF 7iii's.

I'm sure their impressive but Piano Black??

C-Series Subs information is now on this website and online.  They were shown  at CES 2018 in an 8" and 10" version $1,599 and 1,299 pricing.  It was announced at CES 2017 that there would be a wood veneer 15 inch sub coming this year that would be better than the current R-115SW that was intended to match the RC-64iii and RF 7lll's.  Hoping that will still happen......

Google searches find info on most sites and preorder options.  8" and 10" with passive radiators for 1300 to 1600bucks.

Dear Klipsch team -- you are great people with some wonderful history.

I greatly enjoy this forum but have the distinct sense nobody at Klipsch knows what is said here in this forum or if they do, nobody cares.  

1600 is a LOT of money for a sub.  It buys about 95% of the subs available anywhere on the market many of which can perform to a level.....anyway --

Updating the old classic sub i.e. rt10d is nice and nostalgic but the cost imo is crazy

I tell it like it is, usually, and cant say I see much improvement in the sub category which if i were klipsch i would want quite badly.   There is an opportunity here to take svs and other popular models business away.

There are sealed options from just svs with better dsp created extension and more spl by a mile in a similar box.  Ported offers extension to 13hz at similar cost.

Again...I'm a huge klipsch fan but am lost as to what exactly they are doing.  

• Like 1

To play devils advocate, the C-series sub looks like it's bringing top-notch features and aesthetics to the table, and at 400 watts RMS,  I don't think it will leave most listeners without enough power.   $1,600 is a lot of coin for a subwoofer though...  

I'm waiting for the 15inch sub with wood veneer that will be an upgrade to the R-115SW.  Also hoping that it will be built in Hope but maybe I'm dreaming.  Makes me wonder where the C-Series are being built? 

KInd of agree with above comments that Klipsch has an opportunity to be "King of the Subs."

I am just a little disappointed I guess.

Hopefully they have a couple big ones coming too.  To keep in line with the others a 15 with 2 passives like the classic 15rsw seem a natural.  Then they could up their game with a compact 18 that has 2 passives.   

I'll have a bit more patience and faith...18 isn't happening but I could see the 15 at least

• Like 1

10 hours ago, willland said:

Nice looking subs, great features, huge prices.  Does not appear serious HT is the goal.:unsure::(

Which line of speakers are they designed to "match" visually?

Bill

Agreed.  Looks like music subs with an emphasis on aesthetics.