Surround sound

Spud1947

I have a RSB-14 sound bar and have two RW-1 speakers. I have configured to make it surround but the is no sound coming out of the two RW-1 speakers. The sound bar is connected to the TV with an optical cable to the digital port from the digital out. The sound bar works fine and the simulated surround worked before I bought the two RW-1 speakers but I wanted to have it real surround. 

I know I had a hard enough time setting up the sound bar, but I like the sound, much better than the TV speakers. I used to have a big 5.1 sound system but we moved and don't want to run wire under the floors anymore. Like the idea of wireless but it shouldn't be this had to set up. So do you have any advise for me to get the sound to the back speakers?

5 minutes ago, Spud1947 said:

I know I had a hard enough time setting up the sound bar, but I like the sound, much better than the TV speakers. I used to have a big 5.1 sound system but we moved and don't want to run wire under the floors anymore. Like the idea of wireless but it shouldn't be this had to set up. So do you have any advise for me to get the sound to the back speakers?

If everything is run out of your tv outputs then make sure the setting on the tv is correct.  So first of all how are the rw-1s wired?

There are no wires, the rw-1s are set up in Klipsch stream as surround. It shows in "about" that they are set up as left surround and right surround. There is just one fiberopitic cord from the TV to the bar coming from digital audio to digital on the bar.

I don't mean to sound like captain obvious - but I just want to be sure we've covered this: is the source multi-channel, or is it two-channel?  Just because you're using a TOSLINK cable doesn't mean the source material is multi-channel.

• Like 1

Glad that shot in the dark ended up being right.  Yes, the gear isn't necessarily the problem, it's got to do with the source material, and if your cable provider isn't coughing it up, then it's a moot point.  Glad you still enjoy the soundbar though!