Looking at speakers and receivers and I’m lost

Gclayton

Hello! 

Was gonna see if I could get some help. I’m looking at getting these speakers and I am completely lost on what receiver I should get. (Think I’ve narrowed it down to Yamaha) Also, does the combo of speakers work well together or would you recommend something different? How would y’all recommend setting them up for best surround sound experience? This will be mostly for movies and sports. The area they are they will be has a wall running down one side and opens up on the other side and back. 

(1) Pair of Klipsch RP-260F Floorstanding Loudspeakers

(1) Pair of Klipsch RP-160M Monitor Speakers

(1) Klipsch RP-440C Center Channel Speaker

(2) Klipsch R-112SW 12-Inch Powered Subwoofers

thanks for your help! 

@Gclayton,

Welcome to the forum.

8 hours ago, Gclayton said:

Also, does the combo of speakers work well together or would you recommend something different?

All from the same line will be timbre matched.  Very good choices. 

9 hours ago, Gclayton said:

I am completely lost on what receiver I should get. (Think I’ve narrowed it down to Yamaha)

Yamaha is known to be one of the most reliable brands out there.  IMO, try to get a model that is at a minimum midlevel and above.  More power, better parts, better build quality.

Bill

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, willland said:

@Gclayton,

Welcome to the forum.

All from the same line will be timbre matched.  Very good choices. 

Yamaha is known to be one of the most reliable brands out there.  IMO, try to get a model that is at a minimum midlevel and above.  More power, better parts, better build quality.

Bill

Any specific models? I’m lost on knowing how much power the receiver should have. I’ve read that under powering the speakers can be what causes the most damage so I want to make sure I have enough. 

Contact Cory @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.   PM him.  He is a Marantz dealer and can help you with your selection and pricing.  Leave him your phone number and he will call you.   I would say that might be your better bet on SQ, pricing, selection and warranty.   IMO certainly doesn't hurt to have a receiver @ or close to rated RMS power handling of your mains if possible for headroom. Many receivers tend to dip in when all or most channels are ran at the same time.   

• Like 1

The new reference premier line is out, if you're starting from scratch anyway I'd recommend looking at those, such as the RP-6000F.  

Also unless there is a space issue and the 440C is all that will fit, try to get the 450C or new 504C, most people end up there anyway, might as well save money and do it from the get go.  

• Like 2

OK last post.   This would complete a 5 channel system with amazing sound around your budget.  

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649455737-bampk-st1430-3-ch-amp/

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649454790-bampk-reference-1252-s2-amplifier/

OR..... 

They also used to make pretty decent receivers I have heard, but never owned one myself.   I have owned their stereo separates and they were damn good for the money if you ask me.  

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649447879-bampk-507-series-2/