7.1 set for 14x20 HT with 10' ceilings

pjhofmann

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I see you have been channeling Colter lately...

Yep. Good, general, all purpose welcome since we have to approve all first posts these days. It's actually a good call as we catch most every spammer before they get through...but it's also a PITA both for us as well as new users who sometimes have to wait for hours if they register in the middle of the night or something.

Dave

• Like 1

@pjhofmann,

Welcome to the forum.

50 minutes ago, pjhofmann said:

First room I've ever had that was dedicated to HT

I see it is dedicated but just wanted to confirm room design.

Is your room closed off, open on one side, open to the rear?

With none of those thing confirmed, the RP-250F's should work fine but if budget permits, look at least at the RP-260F's.

Bill

• Like 1

Welcome to the Klipsch forums!  :emotion-19:  Now down to business.  B)

What is your budget?  A top shelf 7.2 setup is substantial and can easily get into some big money.

You can make your budget stretch by putting your cash into the best L/C/R you can afford and a good AVR to power everything.  You can also start with a single sub instead of two.  Likewise you don't need 4 surrounds, maybe start with a couple for an outstanding 5.1 setup.  You can add a second sub and surround back later.

My best suggestion is to get the best CENTER you can afford and work to the L/R, AVR, subs, surrounds last.  The reason I like a good center is because 90% of movies is dialog and 90% of the dialog comes out of the center.

• Like 1

7.1 is definitely not too much for your room.

4 hours ago, pjhofmann said:

I assume the RP-440C is a good CC.

It is but if you do decide on the RP-260F or larger, then maybe consider the the RP-450C instead.  Of course if budget permits.

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

My best suggestion is to get the best CENTER you can afford and work to the L/R, AVR, subs, surrounds last.

What he said.

Bill

3 hours ago, pjhofmann said:

Appreciate it, I'll look to the 450c and go from there, possibly starting at 3.1 then adding the surrounds later.

That's really not a bad idea.  After you listen to 3.1 you can decide where you want to go from there.

I have a Marantz 6011 AVR in the living room (TV, some movies) which will support 11.1.  I prefer 3.0 and sometimes 3.1.

599cd9d032fa0_RF-83package1.thumb.jpg.a2935a15849a9755004b88e7c7d0a861.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Agree. If budget permits, you could get two RF-7 IIIs and that’s it. They have dual 10”woofers and you can add on from there. Getting the center and sub, then some surrounds. Talking to Cory is a must for any new Klipsch speakers, he has great service and prices. You could also look at the used market and wait for an RF-63 or RF-83 like Wvu80. 

9D999701-1530-4E4C-AE6A-64656EC899FF.jpeg

• Like 1