Considering K-horns. What's a fair price?

twu

21 minutes ago, cincymat said:

They're birch raw with a light finish.

Guess I should back up my Raw comments.....typically they are finished by some dude with a broom. Those look super nice. The ones that never get finished look pretty darn good too.

56 minutes ago, rplace said:

They look worth the time/money just in pictures. Is that the Klipsch badge between HF and LF? Got any close up pix? What veneer? Nice and light but does not look like oak grain from that distance?

The nameplates in the center say Fastlane Audio. Dave Harris rebuilt these several years and about two owners ago. 

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I wish the forum would "EASE UP" on the selling section.  As a matter of fact, I would like to see MOST klipsch gear come here first. If you aren't interested, stay quiet.   Why shouldn't we get the chance first?   If your wallet is tight, mine isn't.   Relax.  

I’ve sold more through private messages than advertising on the For Sale thread. Matter of fact I wasn’t looking for Khorns until I offered to host pictures for Rich so he could sell his. It pays to be nice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MookieStl said:

I think you knowingly underpaid, not sure which of you were the schmuck! Naw, you're right, it was Rich!

I paid exactly what he asked. However, Rich was being incredibly generous. I just sold my La Scalas to another forum member for exactly what I paid Matthews. After I put about 500 in them to suit my tastes. This is in the same spirit as Rich. I think this place is at its best when we share our passion for Klipsch speakers instead of profiting from it. 

Mookie did the same for me by cutting out a pair of woofer boxes for the price of the material. 

Love ya both, well sort of...

Cincy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 9:27 AM, Godataloss said:

I paid $2700 for my '79 Ramblin Rose K-Horns less than a year ago. 4 hour round trip driving.  Was happy to do it.  They hardly ever come up within easy driving distance here (Cleveland) and when they do, they generally go fast unless there are major condition issues.  I got $1200 for my Corwall 2s so I think the market for Klipsch Heritage is pretty solid here.

Have you posted a photo of these?  I'd love to look at 'em!