Considering K-horns. What's a fair price?

twu

On 10/2/2018 at 11:51 AM, fini said:

Have you posted a photo of these?  I'd love to look at 'em!

zg5jo6bfjkAguy5YBj3bSBZkZ8kcPflkJhKzYOBnNqoY3origJrExsPXrDHzqq7-PTJ38wV6F7Zyt1B9sR3Kll6HT23dN4eDxoXpvSgkTcbFPivA7kiqhzCIoozh0v9YxecumdWB83r4-CR2FNHuH7SMrFH7tIW6_gP50Kja-MEIrecp2hz0p78i3aAmZC7OHa1degH4GKk1IUPeRCXrfg7g6ODRXBdCzaDOCT7JV7TLV2FdntuxnGzS6bDszDIvXT7IOQgfNc97QFTzJPloYF1NcuYa4QUZxwSUZH9-N3K8S5kLP7AkIYbwTx_4FIW2EMIVP9l3m3yGIk5_pj1sbvqYWtoGvHshUuypQsK6Qf8jY7Bx8QEKKt_HdSfF5RR-BFm0OkPuMpq2esWG16_SF-weLEo3yTuSTZfwCZG8SAXOEtzQXZgLz7VoPfTjh72xz9wjEyXAPrulnGSQ7AkcBW7VS1m2c5boRvvbFw1H9AxEBZWxHBncVg9DEf-sPng6sqFMjUdG_YC_0y8w0qWGpZKI0fTyuXqPfk5lq8mI29RCyF_5KUsfy3KWqX40_nqGY5lbxl9mnc-fWO--rq1eAci4vU-MhJtWqZZJ-zDaeaasN0pzElYJd6oCTBf8NRz0=w1527-h1145-no

I don't have any real great pics of them. This will give you an idea though.  My understanding is they took sheets of veneer and dyed them, reglued them together and then cut them to get the patter.  They are not rosewood as some people assume.

• Like 2

Mine are 74 raw fir with what looks like oak veneer put on by the original owner.

How rare is the marine grade fir? Does it decrease value to stain it or re veneer it? When people like heritage klipsch, it seems it’s for the quality of build using birch wether it was veneered or stained instead of current mdf with veneer over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Khorns the Shipping is the Main Problem.... I looked for a pair of Khorns for about 8 months - 13 years ago and none were available in my 7 state area. I'm from Minneapolis.... After 8 months a pair came along in Milwaukee about 6 hours each way. They were Oak and in Super Excellent Condition (Not a mar on them). I drove 12 hours round trip and paid $2500 for them.... If I wanted a pair today, and they were in Excellent Condition and Local, I would have no trouble paying $5 Grand for them... Maybe more.

On 10/2/2018 at 2:07 PM, fini said:

Same place as usual!  Just haven't spent too much time on the forum.  Good to see you still knocking around! 

@fini     yup, still here... planning on detiring to the Philippines in about 4 more years. Still got your console collection?

20 hours ago, Marvel said:

@fini     yup, still here... planning on detiring to the Philippines in about 4 more years. Still got your console collection?

Good for you!  Heh, the good old console myth lives on!

On 10/3/2018 at 2:05 PM, dwilawyer said:

Finni!

Hey, dude!  Just to clarify (I know, I clarify???), it's pronounced FEE-KNEE.  Big deal, eh?  ;)

Edited by fini
WTF