New Khorns???

ClaudeJ1

18 hours ago, Schu said:

Did you watch the video... it seems like there are a couple brace ports I had never seen before.

Looks to be two different ports added in two different locations.  One on the top and bottom of where the driver mounts and one on the top and bottom first ramp.

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Looks to be two different ports added in two different locations.  One on the top and bottom of where the driver mounts and one on the top and bottom first ramp.

Good observation.

I would guess that the person who did the video, https://www.klipsch.com/products/klipschorn may have omitted some parts of the cabinet drawing for illustration purposes. There is another complete panel missing in the video.

In my picture, one side panel is not installed on the bass cabinet, so you can see inside.

1691495168_IMG_2407-Copy.JPG.e665c961776b5f3d5391f8fa3535faa8.JPG

• Moderators
On 9/2/2018 at 11:32 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

Roy has stated that he will have absolutely NO PART in touching Pauls orriginal designs and I absolutely respect him for that!

I think you may have misunderstood what he said.  He has said, on many, many occasions, both on this forum, and elsewhere, that he when he has been asked to UPDATE any of the Heritage line that he has to put a considerable amount of thought and consideration into what he wants to do in order to keep what PWK had intended intact.

He says when he updates anything he needs to "meditate" about it first.

He just put a neodymium tweeter with a modified tractrix horn on the new AK6 Khorn.  

He has posted in the past about his personal interaction with PWK on the development of modified tractrix, especially the 402 and 510, and from these interactions why he KNOWS that Paul would approve of what he is doing.

Either that or I just dreamed it.

Maybe @Chief bonehead will be along to talk about what he did on this one.

Travis

• Like 3

• Klipsch Employees

i have said that i would not touch pauls designs.  but having the honor and opportunity to work and develop a friendship with mr k, i also know what he ultimately wanted to do with his babies.  and of course, i can wish he was still around to guide me, i mean, look at the original jub.  so many things that mr k wanted were in that; but not all of them.  that is why i hesitate these days to do anything.  i dont want to do anything that he would not approve of.  its that simple.  i have incorporated what else mr k wanted.  and i think (and hope) that mr k would approve of what has been done to his pinnacle product... the klipschorn ak6.  i hope you all get a chance to listen to it and can imagine mr k smiling.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

i have said that i would not touch pauls designs.  but having the honor and opportunity to work and develop a friendship with mr k, i also know what he ultimately wanted to do with his babies.  and of course, i can wish he was still around to guide me, i mean, look at the original jub.  so many things that mr k wanted were in that; but not all of them.  that is why i hesitate these days to do anything.  i dont want to do anything that he would not approve of.  its that simple.  i have incorporated what else mr k wanted.  and i think (and hope) that mr k would approve of what has been done to his pinnacle product... the klipschorn ak6.  i hope you all get a chance to listen to it and can imagine mr k smiling.  

Love you Roy and love your dedication to Paul. I hope you have an idea of how important that and you are to me buddy!  :D

Rog

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 2:19 PM, Chief bonehead said:

Do you know if there will be any certified dealers in Colorado? Im surprised none popped up even in the Denver metro area and I would love to listen to these in a showroom.

I spent 1 hour at Audio Emporium (Milwaukee County, Wisconsin) with the entire Klipsch Heritage Collection. Yes that does include the Klipschorn AK6. Dave Holmes is the owner, and was my contact. Dave allowed me and my wife the freedom to listen to what I wanted on what I wanted. He provided us with insight and technical details, and made sure we had a positive experience.

The Klipschorns were set up in corners of an alcove. McIntosh at the source and Kimber Cable everywhere. Ipad and Tidal made switching songs a breeze. My time was limited, but I made sure I got 5 songs in on the new Khorns before I continued browsing. There were a pair of Lascalas set up in the main space, but I wanted time with the Forte III's and Cornwall III's sitting side by side in another listening room. I went back and forth comparing those 2 but did not indulge in the Heresey III's that were bookending the Forte III's. 

I will be returning for more demo time. I also noticed Elac, Goldenear, Magnapan, Quad, Emotiva, Salamander Designs. I have honestly never in my life been surrounded by this much gear, of this much quality, of this much value, all readily available for purchase. I highly recommend Audio Emporium as a must visit to any serious audiophile that is visiting in the Milwaukee area.

Here is a link to their site.

http://www.audioemporium.com

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 9/29/2018 at 10:08 PM, 314carpenter said:

I spent 1 hour at Audio Emporium (Milwaukee County, Wisconsin) with the entire Klipsch Heritage Collection. Yes that does include the Klipschorn AK6. Dave Holmes is the owner, and was my contact. Dave allowed me and my wife the freedom to listen to what I wanted on what I wanted. He provided us with insight and technical details, and made sure we had a positive experience.

The Klipschorns were set up in corners of an alcove. McIntosh at the source and Kimber Cable everywhere. Ipad and Tidal made switching songs a breeze. My time was limited, but I made sure I got 5 songs in on the new Khorns before I continued browsing. There were a pair of Lascalas set up in the main space, but I wanted time with the Forte III's and Cornwall III's sitting side by side in another listening room. I went back and forth comparing those 2 but did not indulge in the Heresey III's that were bookending the Forte III's. 

I will be returning for more demo time. I also noticed Elac, Goldenear, Magnapan, Quad, Emotiva, Salamander Designs. I have honestly never in my life been surrounded by this much gear, of this much quality, of this much value, all readily available for purchase. I highly recommend Audio Emporium as a must visit to any serious audiophile that is visiting in the Milwaukee area.

Here is a link to their site.

http://www.audioemporium.com

Sound like quite a place.