Mayans MC

Davis

I actually got home early enough to watch it.  I suppose once I learn all the characters it'll get more interesting but it didn't instantly grab me the way SOA did.  It may also be because I had trouble understanding some of the dialog due to the accents.  I may try watching it again.

5 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I recorded it and watched today.  You know I can't stay up till 10pm.  Pretty good show but I agree with Carl.....some of the dialog sounded like jimjimbo after 3 martinis.

I need to see if my ROKU has subtitles.  It should really help with this show.  I had trouble understanding the "Irish" in SOA as well.

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

some of the dialog sounded like jimjimbo after 3 martinis.

You must have been listening to someone else.....I've never had more than two in one evening in Hope.  Now, if you want to talk about vodka and cranberry, well now, that's a different story.....

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Time to get busy Skippy.

Watched it last night....very, very interesting.  Especially the first couple of minutes, I thought I had put my DVR on BB....

I still can't figure out why Kim is doing the low life court thing and messing up her deal with Mesa Verde?

6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I still can't figure out why Kim is doing the low life court thing and messing up her deal with Mesa Verde?

I'm thinking she wants to keep her trial exposure up as she's turning into a banking lawyer.  I have no idea why she's being defiant to the judge who doesn't want her there though.

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm thinking she wants to keep her trial exposure up as she's turning into a banking lawyer.  I have no idea why she's being defiant to the judge who doesn't want her there though.

she won't be a banking lawyer long if she keeps messing up Mesa Verde.

I finally watched the opening show.

I had to DVR it as it comes on past my bedtime.

For one this show has big shoes to fill plus all the hype leading up to it.

I agree with Carl it did not grab me from the first episode the way SoA did.

FX sound quality was poor, I tried all my surround options and settled on multichannel but as previously said the dialogue was hard to understand in some scenes due the recording and the accents.

This group of characters didn't seem to have the personalities of SoA but maybe that will come out in future episodes.

I do think the lead actor was a good choice.

Plots are as expected but the band of masked gypsies with the techno expertise living in the desert was a bit to out there for me.

I was a little bit disappointed but still optimistic.