KLF-20/30 or Chorus II ?

Alexander

1 hour ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

the kg 5.5 is an under rated speaker

They are pretty good, but ...  Had a pair; thought they were loud, bassy and boomy :(  Good for rock, hip-hop and rap (haha; just guessing ... "don't do" the last two categories :) ).  Found them lacking in "refinement" for classical and sold them :D 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, avguytx said:

My CF-3's had the cabinet issues.  There was hardly any glue at all holding the rear panels on and what was there had rolled down the cabinet and pooled in the bottom.  One was making a severe "thwack" sound on bass and the other was about half as loud.  It happened less often on Epic's but it was there.

first ive heard of the epics having cabinet issues, not like that means they didnt have some issues.  but sounds like yours were a build defect & a rare occurance, epsecially compared to the klf & some kg's which were notorious for poor build/glue issues.  my cf-4's were built like a tank & the seems were very well glued, same with cf-3 a firend had. 

in general the epics are nowhere near as prone to cabinet issues as the klf's.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Emile said:

They are pretty good, but ...  Had a pair; thought they were loud, bassy and boomy :(  Good for rock, hip-hop and rap (haha; just guessing ... "don't do" the last two categories :) ).  Found them lacking in "refinement" for classical and sold them :D 

i agree they are bass heavy speakers... but for many owners that is a benefit!  im in the rock category of music genre & they will definitley "rock" with some decent power.

the price point of KG's made them a mid level speaker for klipsch & far from top of the line, so im not surprised they were lacking in refinement or critical listening for classical etc. 

• Like 1

Well I settled on a mint pair of klf-30's, in part because I had gotten impatient and these were the only thing in a 200 mile radius :) They do sound great and have since I got them re sealed and added a bit of bracing to them. Have a new crossover build started in another post. 

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 6:51 AM, Alexander said:

Depends on how you look at it, I don't see it as a problem but rather a preference. I have my reasons :)

There you go and a correct answer. My preference is like Moray's and I am a big fan of Chorus if it is to be veneer and not Pro black.