CF-3 which version?

omar4

Looking at some cf-3, but, can't see them in person to check the port length. How to tell the version by the serial number. When did they switch to version 2 in the fall of '94? These are sept of 94 according to the serial numbers.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, omar4 said:

Looking at some cf-3, but, can't see them in person to check the port length. How to tell the version by the serial number. When did they switch to version 2 in the fall of '94? These are sept of 94 according to the serial numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Mine were also built in September of '94, and they are version 1.  The serials are three number Julian day, and then the next two are the year reversed.

So the ones that I own start with 25149, 251st day of '94, roughly September 8th.  If yours are also in September, you should also have the Version 1 model.

the info says "fall" of 94 for v2 change.. but it does not say the exact date so cant just say " if they were made in sept they are v1.  have to verify pther things like port size & x-over specs etc.

cant you ask the seller to measure the ports or send pics?

18 hours ago, omar4 said:

I'm waiting to hear back on the length of the ports. I am currently using Cornwall II's and been hearing great things about Epics and thought I might give them a try only if v1.

Version 2 still uses the same woofers. v3 lost the stiff/rigid woofers of the first two

That I'm just as crazy as YOU MEN ON HERE!! And I'm a minority-A WOMAN. Jeez I currently have a pair of Heresy on loan, have a full Reference 5.1 system taking up the spare room, Frazier Super Monte Carlo speakers in original boxes w/paperwork that are sitting since I bought an RC-7 to try between the Cornwalls instead of 1 of the Frazier's. Now, if my friend would buy the Reference system, then I can get an SVS pb-2000 from Cory-NOW DO YOU SEE MY POINT--HA HA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, omar4 said:

That I'm just as crazy as YOU MEN ON HERE!!

A prime example of one place where women should NOT be trying to achieve equality!  :lol:

And I'm a minority-A WOMAN.

Not that it matters, but women make up 51% of the US population.  B)

• Haha 1

Clarification, on this forum?! Aren't I?? You guys make me laugh, sometimes 🙂

P.S. That's just the speakers sitting/loaning out, I haven't gotten into the electronics that I've given away and that are still gathering dust. I have a tentative plan to reactivate the Frazier's and a Kenwood Kr-7100 🙄

• Like 1