McIntosh Trade Up Program

Youthman

Just now, avguytx said:

Let's see.  My MC250's last price in production was $429 so, if I get the max of $321.75 in trade for something way more expensive than I'd actually ever pay, I don't think I'm coming out very good.  I paid around $400 shipped for my amp then around $500 parts and labor for it to be completely gone through by a 40 year Mac tech.  

Nah...I'm good.  But I appreciate their way of offering people a way to "move up the ladder" plus make up way more than the trade in allowance of the old stuff for resale.  Sounds like a win-win for Mac.  I guess there's a sucker born every minute.

Yes sir.  Nice MC250s are going for between 800 to 1100.  Sometimes more.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, avguytx said:

But I appreciate their way of offering people a way to "move up the ladder" plus make up way more than the trade in allowance of the old stuff for resale.  Sounds like a win-win for Mac. 

Isn't that the marketing of just about every company?  Their job is to create ads that make you desire to upgrade from what you have.  I don't see anything wrong with that.  It's like a Pawn Shop....you can sell it quick for less, or you can spend the time and energy selling it yourself and patiently wait to get more.  If I had a McIntosh...I likely would not be trading up either.  LOL

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

Their job is to create ads that make you desire to upgrade from what you have.  I don't see anything wrong with that.

I don't see anything wrong with that either, it just seems to me that they know darn well what some of these items are worth on the vintage market, which is way more that what MSRP used to be....Just gotta wonder what they do with the trade-ins????

9 hours ago, Youthman said:

Purpose of the ads are to make money for the company so I’m pretty sure the trade ins will make money for the company.  

Of course. Here is the catch:

"The MSRP of the new TradeUP unit purchased must be equal to or greater than the sum of the TradeIN unit's original MSRP and its TradeIN Value".