need help on a front soundstage

dkkic

I have a few options that I'm entertaining and just wants some advice.  I currently have a 7.1.4 setup with rf-82ii all around the room and a rc-62ii center channel.  I am thinking about upgrading the front 3 to possibly 3 heresy iii.  would that be an improvement to my system that I would notice?  I could also just ipgrade the center to a rc-64ii but I am worried that they wouldn't match my 82ii.  I have entertained the idea of going to rf7iii and rc64iii but I don't want to spend that kind of money right now.  any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkkic said:

I am thinking about upgrading the front 3 to possibly 3 heresy iii.  would that be an improvement to my system that I would notice? 

Welcome to the Klipsch forum!  :emotion-19:

@derrickdj1 asked excellent questions.  That should help to identify the answers to your questions.

I won't be able to help you regarding the L/R as I've never heard the Heresy III's.  Do you have room up front for matching L/C/R?

My advice is to get the best center speaker you can afford.  I would think the RC-64 III would be a nice upgrade to the RC-62 II but I have never heard those two used in combination with each other.  I have RF-83's and an RC-64 center.  The RC-64 III is technically better than my RC-64 in every way and I can tell you the RC-64 is an outstanding, clear center speaker no matter what the L/R speakers are.

Let's get @Youthman in on this.  Michael you've owned/heard the RC-64 I, II and III.  What is your opinion about pairing the RC-64 III with the RF-82 II's?

599cd9d032fa0_RF-83package1.thumb.jpg.a2935a15849a9755004b88e7c7d0a861.jpg

The room is 11 1/2 feet wide by 23 Ft deep, I like the speakers I have a lot.  the room is a dedicated theater room.  I also have a dedicated 2 channel setup in another room that is just for music where I have a pair of heresy's that I love.  I feel like I could use a better center which is why I have started playing with the idea of getting a different front soundstage.  I am just not sure how well the sound would match with my 82ii if I were to get a 64ii.  that is the main reason for thinking about doing 3 heresy's.