BORK, BORKING, BORKED

Gilbert

The madness continues,.....  update the list to include Judge Kavanaugh to the number of conservative appointee's that have been "Borked". Poor guys eye's swelled up with tears when senator Graham asked him about what he explained to his children following yesterday's circus.

Here chickee chickee chickee!

bork
bôrk/
verb
USinformal
past tense: borked; past participle: borked; past tense: Borked; past participle: Borked
  1. obstruct (someone, especially a candidate for public office) through systematic defamation or vilification.
    "“We're going to bork him,” said an opponent"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The madness continues,.....  update the list to include Judge Kavanaugh to number of conservative appointee's that have been "Borked". Poor guys eye's swelled up with tears when senator Graham asked him about what he explained to his children following yesterday's circus.

Here chickee chickee chickee!

bork bôrk/ verb USinformal past tense: borked; past participle: borked; past tense: Borked; past participle: Borked
  1. obstruct (someone, especially a candidate for public office) through systematic defamation or vilification. "“We're going to bork him,” said an opponent"    

Kavanaugh needs a good Borking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== Harry Reid ? 

It's Schummy baby, Schummy, and he's getting by with a little help from his friends.... oooooh he keeps trying with a little help from his friends...... yea he's getting high with a little help from his friends..... 

22 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fox News put the word out to start shouting out dems names like they mean somethin'. Smoke, man. Smoke......Next thing you'll see are anti-Nike sentiments like anyone cares. 😵 

Nobody cares.  Kaepernick a figure-head, sports hero?  I think not.  Bring on Tom Brady to kick his a$$!  When I think about a football role model, it ain't Kaepernick.  He's 2nd rate out of the starting gate.  Throw in some personality, and you have a social media person - not a great athlete.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Nobody cares.  Kaepernick a figure-head, sports hero?  I think not. 

I thought the same thing but found it weird that 3 people on my Facebook feed shared stories about Nike/Kaepernick and the President tweeted about it like it DID matter and that was just TODAY! 😲 I think all of it is smoke and mirrors being put out by "the Media" and those mentioned above to detract from what's going on in Washington....On that note, the Senate Hearing is what's important and the main reason so many people voted for President Trump in the first place. Of course, there are issues that need to be pursued with the nominee and I do think he has some problems. 

12 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

When I think about a football role model, it ain't Kaepernick.  He's 2nd rate out of the starting gate.  Throw in some personality, and you have a social media person - not a great athlete.

Btw, thanks for filling me in. I wouldn't even know who he was if the president didn't keep bringing him up. Fwiw, I think Americans spend too much time idolizing professional sports heroes, but that's just me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I thought the same thing but found it weird that 3 people on my Facebook feed shared stories about Nike/Kaepernick and the President tweeted about it like it DID matter and that was just TODAY! 😲 I think all of it is smoke and mirrors being put out by "the Media" and those mentioned above to detract from what's going on in Washington....On that note, the Senate Hearing is what's important and the main reason so many people voted for President Trump in the first place. Of course, there are issues that need to be pursued with the nominee and I do think he has some problems. 

Yeah, it's bizarre.  IIRC, Kaepernick filed suit against the NFL for blackballing him to keep him out of a job.  Right or wrong, he has "misfit" plastered all over him.  That Nike adores him for this is not very rational, except to the extent it's just a slap in the face retort to an undesirable tariff policy.  Then, maybe it makes sense.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Btw, thanks for filling me in. I wouldn't even know who he was if the president didn't keep bringing him up. Fwiw, I think Americans spend too much time idolizing professional sports heroes, but that's just me. 

The Bork hearing was the most incredulous event in the annals of senate confirmation hearings...it was probably the most watched of all dramas on the tube at the time. Young and the Restless Neilson ratings had no thing on it. Unless the POTUS comes before it, it will remain, well, just that. No politics involved just a circus of epic proportions. (Tongue in cheeky)

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

What we have here is abject and complete failure of leadership.

What we have here is the one reason why the Evangelicals put a person with the reputation of Donald Trump over the top. Fwiw, I pointed that out prior to us not being able to talk about it. Of course that's small potatoes to what is about to happen to our "leadership," within the next month or two....A lot going on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Chad locked this topic