BORK, BORKING, BORKED

Gilbert

15 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Of course that's small potatoes to what is about to happen to our "leadership," within the next month or two....A lot going on. 

No doubt.  The Q people have been talking about "soft coups" for some time, while the rest of the world was laughing, me included.  Today's NYT Op-ed by the anonymous high-level admin. is very revealing.  There, in fact, is an unelected, embedded faction that is taking over.  How "democratic" of them!  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

There, in fact, is an unelected, embedded faction that is taking over.  How "democratic" of them!  

It's all weird to me and I have been following politics for quite some time. Heck, even a couple of decades before I met you. ;) I actually don't see this through political eyes, as much as thinking when you are close to something that really seems abnormal AND has important precedent people don't know how to react. This isn't a partisan thing because both Dems and Republicans have expressed the same opinion this situation isn't normal and if the McCain Funeral didn't convince folks I'm not sure what will except reflecting on hindsight. That's my take. 

3 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:
3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Next thing you'll see are anti-Nike sentiments like anyone cares. 😵 

Nobody cares.  Kaepernick a figure-head, sports hero?  I think not. 

My reply is NOT politics, it's an observation about racquetball, but I swear this is a true story.

My RB buddy showed up with a pair of shorts for our game on Tuesday and had taken a pair of scissors and CUT the swoosh out of his $40 shorts!

I just shook my head.  It was hilarious.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, wvu80 said:

My RB buddy showed up with a pair of shorts for our game on Tuesday and had taken a pair of scissors and CUT the swoosh out of his $40 shorts!

I just shook my head.  It was hilarious.  :lol:

To me that shows he was coerced on taking a stand on an issue that has been manufactured....As Jeff posted earlier "Who cares about Nike or the dude who no longer plays football--It's a kids game.

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

It's all weird to me and I have been following politics for quite some time. Heck, even a couple of decades before I met you. ;) I actually don't see this through political eyes, as much as thinking when you are close to something that really seems abnormal AND has important precedent people don't know how to react. This isn't a partisan thing because both Dems and Republicans have expressed the same opinion this situation isn't normal and if the McCain Funeral didn't convince folks I'm not sure what will except reflecting on hindsight. That's my take. 

Do you see it as like the benevolent dictator?

5 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

To me that shows he was coerced on taking a stand on an issue that has been manufactured....As Jeff posted earlier "Who cares about Nike or the dude who no longer plays football--It's a kids game.

Apparently he cared.  There was no discussion about why he did what he did.  Instead, the whole group shared a looong belly laugh.  It was an absurd moment.   :lol:

But "coerced?"  Not that guy.  B)

18 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

No doubt.  The Q people have been talking about "soft coups" for some time, while the rest of the world was laughing, me included.  Today's NYT Op-ed by the anonymous high-level admin. is very revealing.  There, in fact, is an unelected, embedded faction that is taking over.  How "democratic" of them!  

Who hired these people? LOL, what a complete and total idiot.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Do you see it as like the benevolent dictator?

Actually, now that you mention it I blame our population and Congress for not addressing the situation sooner. I think his and our dynamic will change but I can't predict how much *change^ will be done before it's rectified. Dunno. 

• Haha 1

• Chad locked this topic