BORK, BORKING, BORKED

Gilbert

Just now, Zen Traveler said:

Sorry. When read your words I thought, "dog whistle." Nothing personal against you but that is what I see this whole Kaepernick/taking a knee thing. I understand why he did it. Some don't agree. Who really cares? 

people who use it as a dog whistle...

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:
4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

people who use it as a dog whistle...

The flag?   

(Derr, I know.  Just putting a different view out there.)

Actually it means several important things to the military and civil rights movement but that seemed to be lost when politicians and "the Media" get involved. 

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Actually it means several important things to the military and civil rights movement but that seemed to be lost when politicians got involved....

Nah, it never got lost.  It's the age-old tug of war between patriotism and conscience in relation to a national symbol.  Not different than Jane Fonda.

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Seriously Jeff, who promised bringing in "the best people?"  A blind man could see through this as a complete failure of leadership, and the joke is on us.

Oh come on Quack Quack.......  the economy is kicking butt, jobless rate waaaay down, GDP waaaaay up, Stock Market is Stocking, Hamilton took out Vettel in the first lap at the Italian GP,   who could ask for more.  Cheapass Chinese tennis shoe manufacturers are pissed, all the right people are pissed off,.... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

the economy is kicking butt, jobless rate waaaay down, GDP waaaaay up, Stock Market is Stocking, Hamilton took out Vettel in the first lap at the Italian GP,   who could ask for more.

ha ha.  Who gets credit?  The President or the cabal of anonymous insubordinates running the show?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The whole thing adds a new layer to government that goes beyond accountability.  It is rather taxing to consider the ramifications.  I guess if you assume this is the establishment a/k/a RIP, then little to nothing changes, and we're all safe from our own elections.

I think we are pushing the envelope.

• Thanks 1

• Chad locked this topic