All new reference premiere line, RP-6000F VS RP-260F / 280F?

ERICh

Hi everyone,

I'm new in the forum, and got in here because I was tempted to get the reference premiere RP-260F floorstanders,  like it more the 280F, but I prefer to be just right in the middle between the 250 and 280, and compensating with a subwoofer the smaller 6,5" woofers of the 260F.

Anyway, I got to the store and they run out of the RP-260F, and not getting any RP-250/260/280F anymore, since, as they said, Klipsch is replacing them with the "all new reference premiere" rp line, to be said; 5000, 6000 and 8000F respectively. (BTW, I'm not in the states, so I'm not buying directlty from Klipsch, crutchfield, BB, others, handling, taxes, and mostly, shipping)

They still have a pair of RP-280F, and they're also expecting a shipment of RP-5000/6000/8000F in the next few weeks.

Have you guys any thoughts about the comparable RP-6000F with the one I wanted to buy?, the RP-260F? (same woofers size), how would it compare the RP-6000F with the available RP-280F? The price of these two are almost the same here.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. First have heard of the new RP lineup. Others may know. We have several RP-280-F owners here. One who is pretty happy with the choice. If the numbers mean anything, it should indicate, as have other reference speakers here, size of the woofer difference of 6 inch versus 8 inch, such as the 280's. Hope this helps and others will chime in, in due course of time.

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...