Running 4 speakers as stereo?

boricua2480

Hey, I’ve got 4 Klipsch speakers I’ll be running outdoors. One pair will be in the elements (ca-800t’s outdoor speakers) and the other pair will be protected from the elements with the exception of heat, humidity, and the cold (KI-172’s). I’ve got 3 receivers that I’ve kept over the years that aren’t being used but they’re surround sound receivers, for instance I’ve got an Integra DTR 7.2, Denon 3311ci, Harman Kardon HK3480, and an old 1996 Denon receiver that I can’t remember the model but I’m thinking a surround sound receiver may not be the best way to go. Anyway, what’s the best way to run 4 speakers at once playing the same music and not burn out the electronics or speakers? 4 channel amp with a pre? 4 ch integrated? Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks for your help. I’ll be starting to get it wired in the next week or 2 so I want everything ready to go. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, boricua2480 said:

Ideas? Suggestions?

Run my "front" KPT-904's of a Marantz 2252B; "rear" Cornwall's on a Yamaha CR-820.  Note; "rear" L/R reversed and opposite phase.  Both amps use the same input.  Sounds pretty good :D 

I would just use a couple of your surround receivers in "stereo mode."

Cheers, Emile

2 minutes ago, Emile said:

Run my "front" KPT-904's of a Marantz 2252B; "rear" Cornwall's on a Yamaha CR-820.  Note; "rear" L/R reversed and opposite phase.  Both amps use the same input.  Sounds pretty good :D 

I would just use a couple of your surround receivers in "stereo mode."

Cheers, Emile

Interesting Emile. How do you connect 2 receivers together to play the same music source? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Most surround receivers have a stereo surround setting.  So, you can hook up your 4 speakers to one of the receivers you have, choose stereo surround and it will play the same audio to each speaker.

Never thought of that option. I’ll have to see if any of them have the All Channel Stereo option. If they do then that would be my best bet. 

5 minutes ago, boricua2480 said:

How do you connect 2 receivers together to play the same music source?

In my case I use pre-outs from my AVR ... just with a splitter; one to each amp :D  But you can use any direct input, say from a CD player, and just "split" them.

Cheers, Emile

• Thanks 1

Hey, I’ve got 4 Klipsch speakers I’ll be running outdoors. One pair will be in the elements (ca-800t’s outdoor speakers) and the other pair will be protected from the elements with the exception of heat, humidity, and the cold (KI-172’s). I’ve got 3 receivers that I’ve kept over the years that aren’t being used but they’re surround sound receivers, for instance I’ve got an Integra DTR 7.2, Denon 3311ci, Harman Kardon HK3480, and an old 1996 Denon receiver that I can’t remember the model but I’m thinking a surround sound receiver may not be the best way to go. Anyway, what’s the best way to run 4 speakers at once playing the same music and not burn out the electronics or speakers? 4 channel amp with a pre? 4 ch integrated? Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks for your help. I’ll be starting to get it wired in the next week or 2 so I want everything ready to go. 

You should have A speakers and B speakers. Use one receiver and A R and L and B Rand L. It will be four stereo speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk