WTB: Risers for Klipsch Chorus

makos

My recently purchased Chorus IIs came without risers. I believe the risers on originals will work on IIs as well (if I am mistaken please enlighten me). Speakers sound perfectly fine without them but I figure they came stock with them for a reason. Also looking for a McIntosh L19 cabinet if anyone happens to have a line on one. Not willing to pay the 3-400.00 they are asking for them on fleabay.

Mike

1 hour ago, mungkiman said:

I remember reading that thread when I was researching my Chorus II purchase. Those are some gorgeous looking risers. Did you notice any improvement in performance after installing them?

I just purchased a spruce 8'x4"x4" from Lowes. Gonna make a couple quick and dirty 3.5" platforms to see what effect it has. I have read that some prefer  an 8 to 12" stand for their Choruses so I am gonna play around a bit before deciding exactly how I will construct mine.

6 hours ago, makos said:

I believe the ideal is to have the mid horn hitting you at ear level while you're in the main listening position, this can be achieved by simply angling the cabinets back a touch, lifting them or a combo of both. Also if you add 4 little feet or spikes to the bottom of the cabinets (or risers) it helps tie them down a bit with better weight distribution 90 lbs over 4 sq inches (4- 1 inch square stick on feet for example) vs 90 lbs over 300 sq inches or so without the feet.