RP-8000F vs Rp-280F

JeffreyQC

I know this is an old thread, but it still shows up on google for comparison for these models.

I've listened to the 3 models above, in A/B situations. To my ears, there is no comparison between the R and RP series. The sound is night and day better for the rp280 vs the r28. The r28f are exhausting to listen to for music. I feel they have a  trashy/tinny sounding tweeter. The horn in this model sounds completely unnatural.

As for the rp280 vs rp8000f, I found them to be nearly identical, with maybe slighty less tweeter resonance with the rp8000.  For the price difference I'd have the rp280f any day.

My post is more aimed towards anyone searching to upgrade from the R line to the RP line.  There's a price difference for a reason,  and the cheap reference line does Klipsch no justice as a brand.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Klipschfan90 said:

My post is more aimed towards anyone searching to upgrade from the R line to the RP line.  There's a price difference for a reason,  and the cheap reference line does Klipsch no justice as a brand.

Lower price allows an on ramp for someone trying to get into audio though I definitely understand your statement.

RP-280F can be had for $400 each shipped in the USA. One of the current great values from Klipsch. I sometimes regret returning the pair I had for 2 or 3 weeks. You would be very hard pressed to match the sonic quality and presentation for the price. Its later model the 8000F sells for $600 or more.

I have yet to read a single poor review anywhere online for the 280F from actual purchasers. One day soon the new stock 280F inventory will dry up and go away.