KP-3002

Caracal88

This was from Klipsch pro line in the 90's.    These were designed for pro sound applications.    They have an internal crossover for the horn.    I've had a set since 1996, and drug them at least 100,000 miles in a trailer, where they live when not set up at a venue.    I have punished the shit out of them, and it took 20 years of mistreatment before the crossovers finally broke.    These are not suitable for home theater in my opinion, because Helen Keller could hear them when you have them in their comfort zone.  I've had best luck pushing them with an old crown macro tech ma 2400.    A smaller, or cheaper amp will do the job, but they are so much more "musical" (by musical, I mean that magic that you can't put a finger on, or describe, or at least I can't put into words what descriptor is appropriate here.  If you are an audiophile, you already know what I mean) with a good amp pushing them, even at the same spl's     

They have a 1" throat horn that projects well, even out doors, without being harsh in a smaller venue.    The horns sound very good, but not as good as the Jbl SP series from that era.    Only a sound snob/*******,  like myself,  would notice the difference, at a venue that is.   Most of yall would too I imagine.   I have to assume you appreciate fine music reproduction if you are on this forum.   On the flip side, the horns hold up a heluva lot better than the jbl, and are much cheaper to replace a diaphragm. 

Oh yeah, the handle 500 continuous, 2000 peak watts at aes standards.    They ain't bullshitting, and it's not a "Peavy rating".   I can see the yellow and black bullshit buttons now.  Lol     I've loved mine(and my 480 subs), and I can vouch for their durability.    

21 hours ago, Caracal88 said:

Connecting other speakers in series?

Parallel. You can hook your amp output to either of the inputs and then daisy chain the other connector to another speaker. You will increase the load(decrease the impedance) that your amp is working into.