Klipsch chorus 2

rosinaxx

2 hours ago, rosinaxx said:

did you try it?

no not in this circuit but I have replaced a good number of such resistors which are a cheap and not refined sound quality and a good quality wire wound non inductive replacement resistor will sound better no matter what the application. Good parts will always sound better but the good parts are going to cost you more.

On 9/13/2018 at 1:55 PM, rosinaxx said:

great .. thanks on the crites site are selling new crossovers, larger than the originals, are those you speak of? or do you say to change only the capacitors and cap? ps now I will not change anything, but I want to understand ..

Thankyou 

Actually I was speaking of other brand capacitors that are much less money & smaller in size, but for most guys will sound just as good as more expensive brands.  Check parts express or other companies selling caps, Dayton or Solen are some decent brands that are smaller physically & easier to install on the factory boards.  & "cap" is short for capacitor, you only need to replace the caps, the resistor will have very little if any noticeable sound improvement for the average system. 

The benefit of new caps is replacing 25+ year old cheap low quality caps, unless you want absolute top of the line you do not need to buy sonicaps or other over priced brand caps.  Klipsch used very cheap caps in these speakers, simply upgrading to new poly caps will make a big improvement & I would bet 99% of people can't tell the difference between a sonicap & dayton, solen, erse etc in the average system. 

Heres a link to some good entry level caps that will be a big improvement over the stock capacitors, just match the values of your caps or look at the crossover thread for what the chorus 2 take.

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/crossover-capacitors/292?N=19841+4294967118+4294967060&Ne=10166&Nrs=collection()%2Frecord[endeca%3Amatches(.%2C"P_PortalID"%2C"1")+and+endeca%3Amatches(.%2C"P_Searchable"%2C"1")]&PortalID=1   

On 9/14/2018 at 8:29 AM, rosinaxx said:

What is the best positioning? 

Best positioning is just how the factory did it on the stock boards, with the daytons & other brands they are small & similar in size to the stock caps, no need to reposition them, they fall into place just like factory.  Basic soldering skills is all thats needed, or even a newbie can do it with some practice... Soldering is very easy to do!

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, rosinaxx said:

Hello, i had buy the rotel rhb10  and rhc10. It is a very beautiful sound with klipsch. the sound is amazing. all the room dancing.

I am very happy

all that with stock crossovers?  how is that possible??  ;) 

supports the theory that not all stock x-overs are "bad" or need replacing.  listen for awhile then make some changes/upgrades down the road if you think you need to, start with titanuim tweeter diaphrams & see if you like them.  then consider changing the capacitors, your choice on what brand you buy but again, the main improvement would be replacing the stock klipsch caps that probably cost 5 cents ea with some decent caps that are a few bucks a piece.

happy listening!

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, rosinaxx said:

Hello, i had buy the rotel rhb10  and rhc10. It is a very beautiful sound with klipsch. the sound is amazing. all the room dancing.

I am very happy

Glad to hear you like the combo of Rotel & your Klipsch speakers. I use Rotel Amps in both of my main rigs and they sound great with both my Chorus II & Forte speakers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RT FAN said:

Sono contento di sentirti come la combo di Rotel e i tuoi altoparlanti Klipsch. Uso i Rotel Amps in entrambi i miei impianti principali e suonano alla grande con entrambi i miei diffusori Chorus II e Forte.

Wow... We have a same hi-fi...

you attached chorus 2 to the wall?  probably not the best positioning for them... the rear passive needs a little room to breather, usually at least 8" from the back wall.  & for best bass they should be in or close to a corner but at least a foot or so from the side walls.

• Haha 1

All these Klipsch speakers mentioned in this thread (except Palladiums because they're too new) need to be up to snuff or you're just pissing in the wind.

All these speakers....Heresy, CF's, KLF's, Cornwalls, Chorus ll's, Fortes.....they've all sounded like a joke to me stock. Cheap cabinet sounding, forward midrange and offensive sounding. The ones I've heard and owned that have had some updates done to them are the ones that'll knock your socks off in the right room with the right gear.

Personally, I own two pairs of KLF-30's that have been upgraded along with the cabinets sealed/reinforced and if you're listening to stock 30's you have no idea how much better they can perform. I think the same can be said for the other speakers mentioned but more so the 30's because of they're cheap build from the very beginning. Lotsa potential with all these speakers.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

the house falls down ...

I am in a state where we are overdue for many houses to fall down...  I hope not.   Hopefully I didn't offend you there.  I think you mean that the chorus II close to the wall produced an excessive amount of bass perhaps?   I owner them and can say in my case, I agree with one of the above posts that expimentation from the side and back walls was needed for the right quality and quantity of bass in my room.   The rear passive radiators are a little trucker to place, but once you get them right, you will know.  I moved them 6 inches at a time from back wall and them from side wall comparing the same material each time until I was thoroughly satisfied on multiple genres with different types of basslines.  If I remember right, I ended up with a slight toe in, but far from tweeters pointed directly at my head.  Hope that helps. In my room, the pair liked to be fed some power and turned up a little to equalize in sound tip to bottom.   Great speakers though IMO for their cost used.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not familiar with the others you listed but I can say the Chorus II's are .... Bitchin. Just plain bitchin.

They are sturdy, solid, well engineered speakers that can make you hurt given the power and music combo. At the same time, their efficiency allows subtle sounds to be produced that many speakers miss.

I just downgraded my amps due to an electrical problem. I went from two Adcom 565 mono blocks to one Adcom 555. The Chorus II's still sing, push, bob and weave like no other I've had.

I picked them up off Craigslist for 250 for the pair (hahahaha a steal!!). This was 7 years ago. I've beat the hell out of them and have taken everything like a champ. They play awesome.

Get a pair if you can.

who knows them? how do they sound? I would like a klipsch similar to these. I have listened to the klipsch cf4 and the klipsch klf 30 a days I should also listen to the chorus 2 and make a decision on which to buy
Thankyou

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 months later...