Klipsch chorus 2

rosinaxx

On 1/28/2019 at 8:25 AM, rosinaxx said:

I turned on after 1 month, the klipsch chorus 2. the sound was closed, why? old crossover or is it just idle?

You have great speakers.  They are legendary Klipsch Chorus II's and highly sought after in the US.

It may help if you can you try to explain what you are hearing so we can understand better.

Remove the grills so you can get your ears close to the speaker drivers.  Cup your hands over your ears and listen to all three speaker drivers, one at a time.  You can take a towel and block the sound from the other drivers.  Tweeter, mid horn and woofer.  Both speakers.  Let us know if the sound is clear from all drivers.

You do not need to turn the sound up very loud. While playing some music you should hear sounds out of all drivers.  The tweeter will not have much sound but you should hear some high frequency sound.  Usually not music, but some sounds.

+++

Are the speakers still attached to the wall?  If so, they will not sound correct.  They are designed to be placed 20 cm from the wall.  Please post a picture of the speaker placement so we can see what you see.

• 11 months later...

good evening to all folks.  I bought the crites kit, they are traveling.  I am a good welder, will I be able to do it?  do you recommend a 5.1,7.1 amplifier that is great for klipsch?  i have the rotel rhb10 is perfect but i would like to make a surround system with them.  tips?  thank you

1 hour ago, rosinaxx said:

good evening to all folks.  I bought the crites kit, they are traveling.  I am a good welder, will I be able to do it?  do you recommend a 5.1,7.1 amplifier that is great for klipsch?  i have the rotel rhb10 is perfect but i would like to make a surround system with them.  tips?  thank you

Is that model Rotel a home theater version? Thanks!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rosinaxx said:

No,it is doesn't. It is a 2 channels

Are you planning on another Rotel for home theater, or another brand?

Do you have access to more Klipsch speakers, or do you have them?

Where are you located?

Thanks!

• Like 1

That is good. If you want something else besides Rotel, you want to look at Yamaha AVR units.

There are almost always special deals on them. Get one that had 7.2 or 7.1...that way you can have 5.1until you find more Klipsch speakers. Can we help you some more?

1 minute ago, rosinaxx said:

ok but I want to have a great sound.  with a unit like denon AVR-X2600H I don't think I have a great sound.  if anyone has these types of amps come forward.

Maybe some one will with Denon.

Yamaha have good sound.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, rosinaxx said:

I who have the rotel rhb 10 with 250 watts rms can break?

If you feel like you are missing something with the Rotel, you owe it to yourself to listen to the chorus II's with a tube amplifier. It will change your life. And don't believe what some say about needing lots of watts. 35 watts of tube power per channel will take the chorus II's to magical heights.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MechEngVic said:

Se senti che ti manca qualcosa con il Rotel, devi a te stesso ascoltare i chorus II con un amplificatore a valvole. Ti cambierà la vita. E non credere a ciò che alcuni dicono di aver bisogno di molti watt. 35 watt di potenza del tubo per canale porteranno i cori II a livelli magici.

Ok. which amplifier you are talking about.

chorus 2 and rotel rhb 10 are great, spectacular sound.  I'm only afraid of ruining the chorus with so much power.