Klipsch chorus 2

rosinaxx

10 hours ago, rosinaxx said:

Ok. which amplifier you are talking about.

chorus 2 and rotel rhb 10 are great, spectacular sound.  I'm only afraid of ruining the chorus with so much power.

the power is controlled by the volume knob... you can usually tell when its too much power, the sound will break up & distort & with that much power on chorus 2's... your ears will hurt! 

tubes sound very nice & lower watts work with klipsch because they are so efficient... but for power hungry speakers like the chorus 2 with 1000 watts peak & a pro woofer, if you want loud chest pounding sound or rock concert levels, higher solid state power will do the job better than 35 watts of tube power.  plus tube amps are usually 2-5x the price of decent mid level solid state amps... so all comes down to your budget & listening style.  ;)

On 1/29/2020 at 11:25 AM, kirby said:

Those speakers are beautiful. I regret ever selling mine. They love to be pushed at high volume with clarity.

Maybe so but I really like the sound with either my Dennis Had Inspire 45 amplifier running about 2 wpc or my 6BM8 based Finale Audio F-168 Mk. 2 Signature (10 wpc).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beatlebum said:

Maybe so but I really like the sound with either my Dennis Had Inspire 45 amplifier running about 2 wpc or my 6BM8 based Finale Audio F-168 Mk. 2 Signature (10 wpc).

This is what I keep saying about Chorus II's!!! Everyone says they need tons of watts: NO THEY DON'T. My Dynaco ST-70 II tube amp (35 WPC) made the chorus II's so loud you couldn't feel the seat you were sitting in. I also DEEPLY regret selling mine when I moved into a smaller place. 

On 1/30/2020 at 6:41 PM, MechEngVic said:

This is what I keep saying about Chorus II's!!! Everyone says they need tons of watts: NO THEY DON'T. My Dynaco ST-70 II tube amp (35 WPC) made the chorus II's so loud you couldn't feel the seat you were sitting in. I also DEEPLY regret selling mine when I moved into a smaller place. 

just to clarify, i dont think anyone implies they "NEED" tons of watts, they are obviously very efficient speakers & will do fine on lower power.  BUT, with a lot of power, they do sound very good as well, mostly up loud since the woofer is a pro woofer designed to handle TONS OF POWER.  & 35 watts of quality tube power is not really "low" considering many tube amps are less at ~10watts or lower. 

thats the benefit of heritage & other efficient klipsch speakers, they sound good on almost any kind of amp/power. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello again to all,

Designed and fabricated some custom steel supports for my Chorus II's (as well as my Forte III's). The supports raise the speakers 8" off the floor (plus spikes) and have the space between the tweeter and the mid horn at ear level when sitting in my listening chair. Also had Duracrest fabricate some new grill covers for both sets of speakers as well. Special shout out to Ralph at Duracrest...he's a man of true integrity and alot of fun to chat with!

Pics for your viewing.

IMG_4194.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Beatlebum

Did you by chance used to own a pair of Salk SS8’s at one time? Your name and room pic look familiar so was just wondering if that’s you. I had a pair of Salk Songtowers and SS8’s but now own Klipsch KI-396’s and have never been happier. There was an old pair of Chorus II’s that were available to me last year and wished I could have took the chance on them to upgrade and tinker with. Congrats on a great looking pair!