Klipsch chorus 2

rosinaxx

19 hours ago, tomy2 said:

@Beatlebum

Did you by chance used to own a pair of Salk SS8’s at one time? Your name and room pic look familiar so was just wondering if that’s you. I had a pair of Salk Songtowers and SS8’s but now own Klipsch KI-396’s and have never been happier. There was an old pair of Chorus II’s that were available to me last year and wished I could have took the chance on them to upgrade and tinker with. Congrats on a great looking pair!

Thanks tomy2 and yes I did own a pair of SS8's but not in this home/room I have now. 

Jim Salk is a quality guy and his speakers are things of beauty but ultimately not for me. I love my C2's as well as my Forte III's.

Curious as to whether you or anyone else has heard other similar high efficient speakers like Unison Research? I had Omega's (Super Alnico Monitor) that were great but not as dynamic as my Klipsch. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 3:21 AM, Beatlebum said:

Thanks tomy2 and yes I did own a pair of SS8's but not in this home/room I have now. 

Jim Salk is a quality guy and his speakers are things of beauty but ultimately not for me. I love my C2's as well as my Forte III's.

Curious as to whether you or anyone else has heard other similar high efficient speakers like Unison Research? I had Omega's (Super Alnico Monitor) that were great but not as dynamic as my Klipsch. 

Very nice! I didn’t even know Unison Research made speakers but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have always known they made great amps so I’m curious about their speakers now too. 

I will always keep these 396’s but if I was to dabble in another brand I’m interested in the open baffle of Spatial X3 or M3.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, rosinaxx said:

Hello.  I would like to change all the original crossover and put those of crites.  I would like a modern sound.  Do you think it is okay?  how do they sound with bob crites crossover?  I have already changed tweeters and capacitors but I would like a modern sound

Crites crossovers sound just like the original XO --BUT WITH ALL NEW PARTS -

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rosinaxx said:

I would like change all crossover not only capacitor. Is the same?

The crossover design is the same, same part values with higher quality parts separated on a board the overall sound is the same I think the drop in replacement crossovers are slightly more detailed when listening critically bass is improved a little more tight / detailed is it worth the extra cost? Only you could be the judge of that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rosinaxx said:

Hello.  I would like to change all the original crossover and put those of crites.  I would like a modern sound.  Do you think it is okay?  how do they sound with bob crites crossover?  I have already changed tweeters and capacitors but I would like a modern sound

What exactly is a modern sound?  If you have already changed capacitors then getting the drop in crossover isnt going to change the sound much if at all & definitely wont make then sound "modern."  If you want to change the sound you need to change the values of the capacitors & maybe consider changing the mid driver as well.  If you dont like the sound of teh chorus, maybe look into another model of klipsch speakers like the newer reference or heritage line.      

the Chorus 2  is the most modern speaker of the  Heritage line  , since it was  introduced in 1990  to replace the klipsch Cornwall  which had been available since 1959 and so ,  the Cornwall 2 was  phased out  in favor of -the Chorus 2 , which  was also phased out in 1996  , leaving only the Khorn-LaScala -Heresy -Forte as the Heritage line speakers ,  and it was not until 2006  that the Cornwall 3 was brought back to the Heritage line -

-there are no plans for a Chorus 3  -and the Forte 3 is the closest product to the Chorus 2 -

chorus/forte/quartet are not true heritage models.  some call them extended heritage but they are not actually of the original heritage line. 

& the forte2 ended the same year as the chorus 2 so it was not in the heritage line or made any longer than the chorus was as you stated....  

• 1 year later...

hello guys! i have yet the fantastic chorus 2 with bob crites crossover and tweeter. i am fall in love with it... i am anfraid that the components aren't available to future; is it possible? the woofer passive and the woofer original professional are sold in the future?

1 hour ago, rosinaxx said:

i am anfraid that the components aren't available to future; is it possible? the woofer passive and the woofer original professional are sold in the future?

The woofers are available from Klipsch parts the k-48-st and passives can be re-coned. Klipsch sells KD-15 passives new for the forte III & IV but the weight / tuning is slightly different not sure by how much we really need to get and document the weights of both passives to sort that out but that's for a different thread.

Really those parts almost never wear out or need replacing unless they incur external physical damage and used parts pop up from time to time if you keep an eye out for them so I would not let that be a deterrent from owning or keeping Chorus around.   

2 hours ago, rosinaxx said:

Ok thanks.

I have a rotel rhb10 and rhc 10 i am very very happy for the sound!

Wich amplifier have you? 

i have a few SS amps i swap around but the main one i use the most is the adcom gfa555ii on my chorus 2 & many previous klipsch models i own/owned.  i have a rotel rb-990bx i like a lot too,  both are 200watt per channel amps.  i also have an onkyo M-504 165 watt per ch amp that sounds very good, but the adcom has the best bass of them all & capable of higher volumes.