Welcome to the forum.

4 hours ago, rosinaxx said:

who knows them?

I do.

how do they sound?

Big and wonderful.

I have listened to the klipsch cf4 and the klipsch klf 30 a days I should also listen to the chorus 2 and make a decision on which to buy

Well, what are you waiting for?;):P

Seriously, all three models you mentioned are wonderful speakers and punch high on the scale.  All are on the large side, not Khorn large but pretty darn big.  

Others that have owned all three should be dropping in to offer opinions and suggestions.

Bill

• Like 3

if you audition the Chorus or the Chorus ll try to have a large amp on hand to do so, a solid 200 watts or more per channel will astound you. You can rent a big amp for a day from a pro music store (if you don't have one) for not much. You will find that the Chorus comes alive with some solid power.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2018 at 3:24 AM, rosinaxx said:

who knows them? how do they sound? I would like a klipsch similar to these. I have listened to the klipsch cf4 and the

What is the story on the CF-4, are they available for sale?   Do you have the serial number, or know the version?  What condition, and what price?  If you can pick them up I would do that first above anything else you have mentioned.

If you can't buy the CF-4's the Chorus II's have a great reputation and the people who buy them love them.  I have never heard them.

• Like 1

I heard the all the Epic (CF) series when they came out.  I wasn't a fan of these (or really any Klipsch consumer 2-way speakers), so I won't comment any more on those.

However, I own a pair each of P-37F, KLF-30, and Chorus II.  All those are great speakers.  I think which you prefer will depend on what sound qualities are important to you.  If you will be running without a sub, then KLF-30 and Chorus II might be a good fit because they have better bass extension.  I give the KLF-30s a slight nod over the Chorus II because I think they have less mid-range horn coloration.

However, my favorite is the Palladium P-37F.  Literally everything is better, smoother, more refined without sacrificing anything except bass extension.  The midrange is more open and dynamic.  The imaging is amazingly precise.  I was playing to the second track (I'm Confessin') from the 30th Anniversary SACD release of Jazz at the Pawnshop and I could close my eyes and “see” precisely where the quiet background conversations in the Stampen were located before and during the performance.  One word… Goosebumps.  The best way I can describe them is like they are the children of Klipsch and B&W parents.  They have refinement/intimacy like B&Ws but with Klipsch-like dynamics.

Surprisingly, the mid-bass “punch” of these speakers is better than the KLFs despite the fact that the KLFs have more bass driver area than the Palladiums.  The clincher for me are the tweeters in the Palladiums.  Those tweeters are the smoothest, most extended, and just plain magical Klipsch tweeters I’ve ever heard.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MMurg said:

I heard the all the Epic (CF) series when they came out.  I wasn't a fan of these (or really any Klipsch consumer 2-way speakers), so I won't comment any more on those.

What???  :o  THAT'S HERESY! 

You really need to listen to the CF-4's again.  And this time, don't use your AM radio for source material.  They'll put your Paladaniums, uh, Paladums, uh, P-37's to shame! 

have you checked to see if the KLF that you have be listening to have poly tweeters? most of them shipped stock with poly tweeters and they are the worst I have ever heard. some shipped with phenolic tweeter diaphragms which are much better the best option in my opinion are Bob Crites titanium diaphragms. This makes all the difference in the world.

I listened to the chorus 2 with the rotel rhb10 .. they are truly exceptional. in my opinion better than the klf and epic ... the sound was great and very live .. wonderful. I bought them immediately, I paid 2000 euros. now I'm at my house ... but I'll have to buy that rotel too

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

What???  :o  THAT'S HERESY! 

You really need to listen to the CF-4's again.  And this time, don't use your AM radio for source material.  They'll put your Paladaniums, uh, Paladums, uh, P-37's to shame! 

It's not heresy, it's just my opinion.  No need to be insulting.  Not everyone likes the same thing.  I did evaluate the Epic series for a while with good source material.  During the '80s and '90s I was on a first name basis with the local Klipsch dealer, having purchased several pairs of Klipsch, other equipment, and many audiophile discs from them.  He used to let me take over the showrooms as long as he didn't have to use them with customers.  So I spent a bunch of time listening when the Epic series came out (mostly the CF-4 but I sampled the other models too).  The CF-4 had great bass and a good top end but I didn't find the mid-range as satisfying as the 3-way Klipsch.  The Klipsch speaker models with horn coverage of the entire mid-range sound more open and natural to me.

Also, have you even heard the Palladium series?

• Like 2