Klipsch chorus 2

rosinaxx

1 hour ago, MMurg said:
15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

What???  :o  THAT'S HERESY! 

You really need to listen to the CF-4's again.  And this time, don't use your AM radio for source material.  They'll put your Paladaniums, uh, Paladums, uh, P-37's to shame! 

It's not heresy, it's just my opinion.  No need to be insulting.

MMurg, you missed WVU80 sarcasm there! He was making a reference the the Klipsch HERESY speakers. Some things are lost in keyboard translation. WVU80 is one of the good guys around here. As a long time Chorus II speaker owner all I can say is enjoy, I think they are fantastic and are my favorite of the Klipsch speakers I own. Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

The CF-4 had great bass and a good top end but I didn't find the mid-range as satisfying as the 3-way Klipsch.  The Klipsch speaker models with horn coverage of the entire mid-range sound more open and natural to me.

Also, have you even heard the Palladium series?

No, I haven't heard the Palladiums.  They are beautiful, but are way out of my pay grade.  They have a great reputation. 

I have owned Khorns and La Scalas, I just happen to like the way the MTM sound of the CF-4 blend in my listening space.  I guess that's why Klipsch sells both 2-ways and 3-ways, we all have our preferences and it's all good.  B)

BTW the Chorus II is the speaker I'd most like to hear I haven't heard yet.  I think I would like them.

• Like 1

Oh, I got the Heresy reference.  Just missed the rest as sarcasm.  🙂   Also, I wasn't disparaging the Chorus II at all.  As I said I own a pair myself.  Great speakers, the best of the "Forte Family" (Forte, Chorus, Quartet).  I think the Chorus II and the KLF-30 are very close in performance.  I could be happy with either one.  Just my preference is a slight nod to the KLF-30.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Oh, I got the Heresy reference.  Just missed the rest as sarcasm.  🙂   Also, I wasn't disparaging the Chorus II at all.  As I said I own a pair myself.

LOL!  No problem.  Where I'm from you give your friends hell, it's a sign of acceptance.  As you can tell, I really accepted you, a lot!  :lol:

+++

I didn't see you disparage anything, much less the Ch2's.  I haven't heard all the Klipsch speakers out there but the Ch2's are the ones which have piqued my interest.

I am blessed in that I already have all the great sounding speakers I want, and more.  It's just this rabbit hole thing that keeps sucking me in!

Bob Crites builds upgraded new Crossovers for Klipsch speakers, he also sells upgrade crossover kits for folks with some skills. His tweeter diaphragm replacement part is a very worthwhile investment. Worth checking out, I am very happy with the results after dropping in new crossovers and diaphragms.

On my Chorus IIs I put in new crossovers and titanium diaphragms into the tweeters, very easy to do. While my Chorus sounded good as they were, I got a significant improvement in the sound quality with the Crites treatment. I did the same, plus a new diaphragm into the midrange on my Forte and was very pleased with the result there as well.

As many people have said in these parts, enjoy the speakers as they are for a while before you decide to make any changes. When you are ready, Bob is a great guy to deal with.

• Like 1

ok, so tweeter and crossover? but original crossovers or those modified by bob?

They’re made to sound new stock on a separate wooden board like heritage crossovers. You. An also send in your stock board for recap. Chorus IIs are due for new caps by now. You can still enjoy them as is but getting it out of the way will improve sound and you don’t have to bother again for several more decades.

You don’t have to alter anything for the Ti tweeter diaphragms. They’re drop in and play. I have them too. Big improvement over the stock phenolic tweeters.

If you want higher quality parts than Crites uses for crossovers, contact DeanG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For updating the crossovers you can just buy the few capacitors the chorus takes to upgrade & if you have basic soldering skills you can do it yourself.  I own a pair of these that i changed the caps myself, very simple & basic procedure.  If they sound good to you as is then enjoy them for awhile, no need to rush out & change things.  I've owned 2 other pairs of these speakers as well & both of those pairs sounded great with factory crossovers. 

As for amplifiers, anything with about 200 watts per channel will make the chorus sound great, dont need top of the line super expensive brands, i own rotel & adcom 200 watt amps & they can be had for about $350-$400, i also have an older onkyo integra m-504 that sound very good.  For the money, rotel or adcom are good amplifiers, try to find a good preamp too if you use 2 channel stereo, or a receiver can work as a pre amp if it has preamp outputs but usually won't sound as good as a seperate pre amp. 

conragts on the chorus!

• Like 1

Yes, the fully built crossovers that Bob sells on his site are extremely larger than the originals. This is how he can use better parts for his crossovers, because he has so much more room to work with. You can mount them inside on the bottom of the cabinet, remove the old crossover, hook up all of the wires to the drivers from the new crossovers, and hook up to the original terminal input cup.

great .. thanks on the crites site are selling new crossovers, larger than the originals, are those you speak of? or do you say to change only the capacitors and cap? ps now I will not change anything, but I want to understand ..
Thankyou 

Here’s the difference. The right stock having been recapped compared to the left stock. The other photo being of the larger complete build on a wooden board05b4eaca3a53f20aa480286b4a18f7c8.jpeg
ac743de2f3467e8651fa071a34748784.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk