NFL - 2018

Jeff Matthews

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

WTF ESPN announcers who TF. Guess they fired everyone else.

I cannot STAND Doris Burke.  She is the worst announcer, period with that sing-song voice on every play.  Even without the sing-song I feel like ESPN is trying to be politically correct by forcing a female play-by-play down our throats.   I simply won't watch.

On the plus side my Pirates just hit a home run to lead St. Louis 5-4 top of the 6th.  They got the first 4 runs off Wainwright who was returning from injury.  They are trying to win their 6th in a row. 

I cannot STAND Doris Burke.  She is the worst announcer, period with that sing-song voice on every play.  Even without the sing-song I feel like ESPN is trying to be politically correct by forcing a female play-by-play down our throats.   I simply won't watch.

Funny you say that, I thought it was Doris Burke at first also. But it’s not her, it is Beth Mowins.
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drewg said:

Funny you say that, I thought it was Doris Burke at first also. But it’s not her, it is Beth Mowins.

The point is that she is (by definition) female.  Let Dave chime in, but I'm sure he must have similar objections to Jeanine Pirro and Laura Ingraham for sticking their noses into opinion shows, ramming nonsense down his throat through political correctness.  I'm sure he refuses to watch.

7 minutes ago, Drewg said:

I normally like Collinsworth, but I’m a Bears fan, and the way he gushed all over Aaron Rodgers last night made me want to throw up.

C'mon man, don't blame Collingsworth because YOUR BEARS did not blitz on every play in the second half to chase down a guy who was carted off the field and could barely walk, much less run. 

If the Bears would have chased Rodgers around they would have had a dozen more sacks and Collingsworth wouldn't have had anything to gush about.  🤓

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The point is that she is (by definition) female.  Let Dave chime in, but I'm sure he must have similar objections to Jeanine Pirro and Laura Ingraham for sticking their noses into opinion shows, ramming nonsense down his throat through political correctness.  I'm sure he refuses to watch.

=== maybe The View is less objectionable - all fair minded females -

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

C'mon man, don't blame Collingsworth because YOUR BEARS did not blitz on every play in the second half to chase down a guy who was carted off the field and could barely walk, much less run. 

If the Bears would have chased Rodgers around they would have had a dozen more sacks and Collingsworth wouldn't have had anything to gush about.  🤓

Sure he would.  He would gush about the pass rush.  He hops on every bandwagon that rolls by.

• Haha 1