NFL - 2018

Jeff Matthews

I'm a Raiders fan.  Starting to feel like I'm a Cleveland fan.  Just keep watching Gruden sell off the assets.  Awful.  My prediction is 2-14 for the season.  What a disaster.....  Don't even get me started on the Vegas move.  May have to quit them after that.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

I'm a Raiders fan.  Starting to feel like I'm a Cleveland fan.  Just keep watching Gruden sell off the assets.  Awful.  My prediction is 2-14 for the season.  What a disaster.....  Don't even get me started on the Vegas move.  May have to quit them after that.

It's all about next year.  He's collecting assets and going to build his own team with draft picks.

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

It's all about next year.  He's collecting assets and going to build his own team with draft picks.

Yeah, but we know how draft picks can go.  You think he's going to ditch Carr as well?  I hate to say it, but I like this Mahomes kid with KC.  Maybe it's just rookie flare but he seems to command the field pretty well.  If Gruden can find a spark like that, well, OK......

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Yeah, but we know how draft picks can go.  You think he's going to ditch Carr as well?  I hate to say it, but I like this Mahomes kid with KC.  Maybe it's just rookie flare but he seems to command the field pretty well.  If Gruden can find a spark like that, well, OK......

Both Dak Prescott and DeShaun Watson came on strong as rookies.  Both now are really looking like backup QB's.  It's frustrating if you're a Texan.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Both Dak Prescott and DeShaun Watson came on strong as rookies.  Both now are really looking like backup QB's.  It's frustrating if you're a Texan.

Yeah, but I believe Prescott has way more potential than Watson.  Given time and the right coaching he'll find his way, possibly.   Watson is just not it.  Too fragile.  Reminds me of the 'great' RGB III.  Where is he now?  So many pawns in football.  Love to watch how they develop.  Hate when they fail.

8 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Give Watson some semblance of an offensive line and watch him go.  The current one is absolutely horrendous. 

8 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Yeah, but I believe Prescott has way more potential than Watson.  Given time and the right coaching he'll find his way, possibly.   Watson is just not it.  Too fragile.  Reminds me of the 'great' RGB III.  Where is he now?  So many pawns in football.  Love to watch how they develop.  Hate when they fail.

If you could somehow exchange the 2 qbs Watson would be an all star.

20 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

A perfect qbr is 158.  Watson ended up with a 157.  The difference?  He was finally protected and didn't have a sack.

These games are always won in the trenches. It's amazing how a good offensive line can make a QB shine, look at Brady, he has unlimited time to find a receiver. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

These games are always won in the trenches. It's amazing how a good offensive line can make a QB shine, look at Brady, he has unlimited time to find a receiver. 

Agreed.

I just heard that they lost Will Fuller for the season with an ACL:.  That's bad news.  He can (could) really stretch a defense.

• 4 weeks later...