NFL - 2018

Jeff Matthews

15 hours ago, dtel said:

I was really glad to see that.

And we beat the falcons

Never count out Brees. He might be the best QB to ever play the game, I guarantee he's the toughest. It didn't bother me a bit when they beat the Colts in the SuperBowl a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Never count out Brees. He might be the best QB to ever play the game, I guarantee he's the toughest. It didn't bother me a bit when they beat the Colts in the SuperBowl a few years ago.

Didn't bother you, it was complete shock to everyone down here they even went much less won. I did not think I would live long enough to see it happen, and I know I'm not alone.

Michael Colter was here for the game, we went to the parade the next day, then Bourbon street that night. Michael wore his Colts shirt, people on the balconies were throwing him beads when they seen it. The parade was planned before the game even happened just because they were going to the superbowl.

Canal street before the parade, they estimated there were 800,000 people along the parade route and quarter, it was crazy in the quarter.

saints_parade_(54).JPG

• Like 4

I was flipping channels and came across Bengals at Falcons.  It looks like the place is only half full and I would not be surprised if it was only a third full.  The TV cameras try not to show the stands but I saw  a few groups of scattered people with a LOT of empty seats in between.  Wow!

I wonder how long the NFL is going to continue to insist there is not a problem with attendance?

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 2:04 AM, dtel said:

Didn't bother you, it was complete shock to everyone down here they even went much less won. I did not think I would live long enough to see it happen, and I know I'm not alone.

Michael Colter was here for the game, we went to the parade the next day, then Bourbon street that night. Michael wore his Colts shirt, people on the balconies were throwing him beads when they seen it. The parade was planned before the game even happened just because they were going to the superbowl.

Canal street before the parade, they estimated there were 800,000 people along the parade route and quarter, it was crazy in the quarter.

saints_parade_(54).JPG

Drew Brees should pass Favre today for 2nd place on the most passing yards ever by a QB. He's only 500 yards from passing Manning for 1st place.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Colts get death by pulling a shanahan.  I never liked that move, and I still think it should be illegal.  I have my doubts the time outs are really called before the snap.

The dumb move by the Colts' coach was going for it on 4th down within field goal range of the Texans. Even the announcers were shocked.

• Like 3

The Falcons have Julio and Ridley at the WR spots and Matt Ryan tossing the passes. Why settle for a made field goal when it could have been 1st down on the 10???? Everybody in the house knows Dalton is gonna go down the field and win the game with a TD. Which is exactly what they did. They say don't take points off the score board but they should have today. 

Why do you never see an overhead shot of the shanahan, showing that the time out was called before the start of the snap?  the only thing ever shown is the coach calling time out on the side lines, then after the fact of the snap and kick, the officials signaling time out.  It is a prick move, started by a prick, and lovingly embraced by the nfl.  It is against the spirit of the game, but of course the nfl doesn't understand that.

49 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Are you saying that spokespeople for the league are in denial, too?

Every time I've seen Roger Goodell talk he seems to think everything is fine, never been better.  He absolutely acts like he has no clue there is a problem, or has any idea of what caused the problem leading up to the problem.

Even worse, Steelers are losing 14-6 to the Ravens on Sunday Night Football.  Edit:  Never mind, Steelers scored a TD w/ a 2-point conversion, just before the half.

Not that I'm watching, mind you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Every time I've seen Roger Goodell talk he seems to think everything is fine, never been better.  He absolutely acts like he has no clue there is a problem, or has any idea of what caused the problem leading up to the problem.

Even worse, Steelers are losing 14-6 to the Ravens on Sunday Night Football.  Edit:  Never mind, Steelers scored a TD w/ a 2-point conversion, just before the half.

Not that I'm watching, mind you. 

His 1 million dollar per week salary ensures that everything is fine in his world!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

His 1 million dollar per week salary ensures that everything is fine in his world!

How true and he does not care if his TDS wrecks the league since his future is secure. About time for multi million dollar a year crybabies to find out most watchers happen to have regard for the USA and face serious paycuts as a result of their disdain for their fans and the police that are protecting them..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

The coach said he was going for the win, and he would make that call 10 out of 10 times. At least he's aggressive.

I think the NFL overtime rules are not fair and difficult to understand.

I realize this was a conference opponent and the outcome more important but what a tie have accomplished at the end of the season?

I am sure there is a situation or 2 that would make a difference possibly.

But on Monday morning 1-2-1 is no different than 1-3 to a team that has been in every game until the final possession but the season is slipping away.

• Like 2

I don't agree with these tie games and overtime rules at all. I can't see how anyone would even agree to this. If it goes into overtime, play another quarter by the same rules and whoever wins.....wins. No tie game BS.

I don't know the new overtime rules but last year a game I was watching went into overtime and the one team lost without even given the opportunity to run their offense. Overtime lasted something like 2 minutes because the first team that scored a TD won. Just doesn't seem fair at all.

What was wrong with the old OT rules? I certainly must be missing something.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SWL said:

I don't agree with these tie games and overtime rules at all. I can't see how anyone would even agree to this. If it goes into overtime, play another quarter by the same rules and whoever wins.....wins. No tie game BS.

I don't know the new overtime rules but last year a game I was watching went into overtime and the one team lost without even given the opportunity to run their offense. Overtime lasted something like 2 minutes because the first team that scored a TD won. Just doesn't seem fair at all.

What was wrong with the old OT rules? I certainly must be missing something.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

College rules would be better.