NFL - 2018

Jeff Matthews

56 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So who's next man up in Washington now that McCoy is out?  Sanchez?  Who's after that?

Since they just picked up Sanchez as a backup, I doubt they have another. Probably a receiver or DB that was a QB back in high school is prepping incase Sanchez gets hurt.

They were playing well earlier in the year.

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

They might as well make the NFL flag football.....you can't hit anybody.

I don't mind that.  I believe good sportsmanship is where you don't try to maim your opponent.  I realize fighting is different.  That's why fighting was never for me.  I played a little recreational football and was good at it, but I never wanted to hurt my friends, and I didn't want them to intentionally try to hurt me, either.  I don't know why causing injury is so desirable to football.  I can definitely understand it for fighting, though.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I don't mind that.  I believe good sportsmanship is where you don't try to maim your opponent.  I realize fighting is different.  That's why fighting was never for me.  I played a little recreational football and was good at it, but I never wanted to hurt my friends, and I didn't want them to intentionally try to hurt me, either.  I don't know why causing injury is so desirable to football.  I can definitely understand it for fighting, though.

It was just a bad call on the Colts DB, he was on the ground, no way was it a malicious hit. It overturned an interception, and gave Houston a TD. 

I don't mind the flags being thrown for targeting and going for the head calls, it keeps these guys healthy. I never want to see anyone get injured, even a player on the opposing team.

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Bummer.  Congrats to the Colts!

The Colts needed that win way worse than the Texans. The Colts are fighting for a playoff spot, but I'm not sure that will work out. Everyone gave them 2-4 wins before the season started. They have the youngest team in the NFL, a new head coach, and a QB that many said was finished. They have played well for the most part.

Actually the Texans are probably my second favorite team, I'm a huge Watts fan.....good guy. Have you ever noticed how much time both teams spend congratulating each other after they play? Some teams do very little of that. The announcers said Luck was walking around the stadium for an hour talking to fans and signing autographs. If the Colts don't go far into the playoffs, I hope the Texans do.

53 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

The announcers said Luck was walking around the stadium for an hour talking to fans and signing autographs.

Luck went to Stratford High, which is a rival to my high school, Taylor High, also known as "Katy Taylor" since there is a town a few hours away named, "Taylor."

He has local fans, I am sure.

And you're right.  The Colts needed the win a lot more.

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Luck went to Stratford High, which is a rival to my high school, Taylor High, also known as "Katy Taylor" since there is a town a few hours away named, "Taylor."

He has local fans, I am sure.

And you're right.  The Colts needed the win a lot more.

They said he has thrown a few TDs in that stadium back in high school.

16 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

The Colts needed that win way worse than the Texans. The Colts are fighting for a playoff spot, but I'm not sure that will work out. Everyone gave them 2-4 wins before the season started. They have the youngest team in the NFL, a new head coach, and a QB that many said was finished. They have played well for the most part.

Actually the Texans are probably my second favorite team, I'm a huge Watts fan.....good guy. Have you ever noticed how much time both teams spend congratulating each other after they play? Some teams do very little of that. The announcers said Luck was walking around the stadium for an hour talking to fans and signing autographs. If the Colts don't go far into the playoffs, I hope the Texans do.

Watson holds the ball waaaaaaaaaaay too long and it doesn't appear that he reads the blitzes well.  Houston also hasn't figured out a way to stop Hilton.  He's torched them in EVERY game he's played in.  You'd think they'd double team him or at least hit him hard at the line to disrupt his routes.

Did anyone see the end of the Dolphins game????!!!!!!!  OMG.  If you haven't seen it I won't spoil it for you.  I'm sure you can google or youtube it.

30 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Watson holds the ball waaaaaaaaaaay too long and it doesn't appear that he reads the blitzes well.  Houston also hasn't figured out a way to stop Hilton.  He's torched them in EVERY game he's played in.  You'd think they'd double team him or at least hit him hard at the line to disrupt his routes.

Did anyone see the end of the Dolphins game????!!!!!!!  OMG.  If you haven't seen it I won't spoil it for you.  I'm sure you can google or youtube it.

=== saw it several times. I’d venture that Gronk has lost a bit of mobility. Looked like Frankenstein or possibly Herman Munster with those athletic moves —