Ht seating

Spark12

Hello everyone. Great but nch of guys on this forum, a lot of knowledge, much appreciated. Hope this is the right aera to ask. Does anyone have any experienc with salamander seating? Their higher line. Is it worth the cost versus some of the other seating? Thank you for response.

I don't have any experience with salamander seating. they do have some nice seating but don't think most could justify the cost compared to other options. I know there is a whole thread at AVS forum on seating. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-theater-room-items-accessories/

many buy from http://www.rtheaters.com. the owner roman is active on the forum there. Also https://www.htmarket.com is another site used often. I Know Costco has some nice deals certain times of the year too. I bought my fronts from them fairly cheap on sale, high quality and real leather ( bonded leather won't hold up as well). I bought my back chairs ( fusion Jives) from rtheaters. Roman is easy to deal with. 

guess it depends on your taste and budget. good luck.

2.jpg

• Like 1

I don't recommend leather or vinyl (Naugahyde®) seating.  It's too acoustically reflective.  Trust me on this.

Fabric covered seating is much better if you're going to use high-back chairs that support the head.  I do recommend also looking at "Zero-G" chairs if you've got the kind of cash that you're talking about and want the most comfortable support.  (YMMV.)

Chris

23 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I don't recommend leather or vinyl (Naugahyde®) seating.  It's too acoustically reflective.  Trust me on this.

Fabric covered seating is much better if you're going to use high-back chairs that support the head.  I do recommend also looking at "Zero-G" chairs if you've got the kind of cash that you're talking about and want the most comfortable support.  (YMMV.)

Chris

I second this. I have a leather chair in my listening room and throwing a thick blanket over the back made a night and day difference in the clarity of the sound.

• Thanks 1

I haven't sat in a Salamander, but I live in a Human Touch Zero-G all day, every day of the week (as I have for many years now).  I just wish that the leather top was fabric.  I, too, must put a small folded blanket folded up over the headrest portion to kill the reflections off the leather.

Chris

If the room is treated acoustically well, like the walls, carpet etc. the leather chairs shouldn't be a big issue acoustically I think. I never had any issues with this. I've seen many high end home theaters that have leather seating. But to each his own. One thing to consider is not having the back-head rest area too high. It will contribute considerably in blocking surround speakers- especially rear surrounds. Again depends on your budget and tastes. You can easily spend a fortune on seating. 

This is the Palliser I just had delivered Saturday. The guys moving it said it was their heaviest piece, and really hated it because of how hard it was to move. Power recline, power headrest, power lumbar. The wife insisted that the power lumbar was the make or break item for her. I got it for a steal, but MSRP retail $4k, but usually closer to $2700 sell price. As you know 4000 grade would add another $1K or so.20180912_183915.thumb.jpg.c417ab97ec1b7830b2aa18a30fece0c9.jpg

Looks good. What grade is that ? 1000, 2000? Ya, the higher grade pushes it up quite a bit. I don't think I will have a problem with reflection to much in my room, just looking for something extraordinary comfortable , durable ( grandkids) good quality leather makes quite a bit of difference. Just paying for it:blush: