Can your sub play the following test tones well?

zeron

45 Hz. pure sine wave

40 Hz. pure sine wave

35 Hz. pure sine wave

30 Hz. pure sine wave

(All of these are one tone lasting 30 seconds or more, no wobbling or sweeping.)

I have an old Klipsche SW12. It produces slightly fluttering sounds when it plays pure sine waves at or below 42 HZ. I wonder if this is due to the inherent limitation of the SW12 or mine is not functioning 100% perfectly.

I created a test CD by burning sample sine waves I obtained online. I checked for the files integrity by looking at the wave form in Audacity.

Here us a picture of the 30 Hz. pure sine wave my subwoofer seems to have difficulty reproducing without fluttering:

track3_30Hz_audacity.thumb.JPG.940f0d449fa7b0a6f427cd38968e449b.JPG

Yes!Image result for giggling smiley face gifRelated image

Some folks should be careful running sine waves: it is way to much for many subs the lower the frequency and does not represent anything in 99% of movies or music.  Here is a test for you subwoofer:  Search bass test 5-100 Hz.  The site is not allowing me to copy and paste the address.  Download the first video and play on your system with caution.