Hurricane Florence 2018

wvu80

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You'll never make boy scout.  That should have been number one on the list.  Last hurricane we went through my oldest daughter made sure that we had the ingredients to make a Hurricane.  I had one then switched to martinis.

Yeah and don't forget some Muscadine Vine to puff on.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
2 hours ago, makos said:

I  just remembered that I forgot the most important supply for riding out a storm ... alcohol!

You'll never make boy scout.  That should have been number one on the list.  Last hurricane we went through my oldest daughter made sure that we had the ingredients to make a Hurricane.  I had one then switched to martinis.

Not sure about #1 on the list, I would think that should go to a once was brownie, or as apparently say in NC a LF.

• Haha 1

We start launching at 0900 Friday for coverage. We are starting out with one capable of doing air traffic control and video / infrared. If need be we will send one with surface search radar and high definition video.

edit: now both assets are going

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

I don't know the area but I would guess there is normally a beach on the water side of those rocks, it's over that and probably has a long way to go before it's over. Looks like a great place to be the rest of the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

I don't know the area but I would guess there is normally a beach on the water side of those rocks, it's over that and probably has a long way to go before it's over. Looks like a great place to be the rest of the year.

They might still be okay.  There looks to be at least 6' of height below the ground floors of all those homes.  6' is quite a lot.  I'm glad to hear the storm has weakened; I assume this means less surge, too.

• Like 1