Hurricane Florence 2018

wvu80

12 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

They might still be okay.  There looks to be at least 6' of height below the ground floors of all those homes.  6' is quite a lot.  I'm glad to hear the storm has weakened; I assume this means less surge, too.

Not according to all the talking head cheerleaders on TV with their VR prognostications.

14 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

6' of storm surge already, did I hear that right?

I saw where a six foot surge was predicted for Myrtle Beach.  They are expected to catch a Cat 1 with 12-18" of rain.

I'm getting ready to call Scott to see how North Myrtle is doing.  I can see it on TV, but he's looking out the window of the police store.

Scott says as of early Fri AM light rain in Mytrle, all utilities still turned on so they have electric and water.

I'm already tired of watching weather people in hip waders standing in knee high water.  😒

FYI no WVU football this weekend.  WVU at NC State has been canceled and I don't think they are going to reschedule.

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Best of luck for him.

Thank you.

My stomach is churning with the thought of me sitting here safe hundreds of miles away while he is a few thousand feet from the ocean and there's nothing I can do.

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Thank you.

My stomach is churning with the thought of me sitting here safe hundreds of miles away while he is a few thousand feet from the ocean and there's nothing I can do.

I'll be curious to hear from Chuck.  He's really close to the intercostal canal and only 2 to 3 miles from the beach. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, USNRET said:

ut-oh, I detect a trip to home depot today... haven't noticed that battery before now, thanks for the idea, a belt clip was in my thoughts, a pic is forth-coming, impromptu the details, will work on that later....

• Like 1