Hurricane Florence 2018

wvu80

32 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== I checked a few pages back - you actually Did delete your post because one person thought it a political statement? Ridiculous.

I found it comical, not political.

Yeah, I took it out and I thought it was funny, not political.  Despite my pitiful attempts at humor, it really wasn't a big deal.  I am serious, if I post something and it hits a forum member the wrong way, after an appeal to remove it's my choice is to respect the forum member's request.  The greater good is that we try to focus on what we have in common, not the little things like politics which might divide us.

But now, I'm in a quandary; I have to respect one forum member's request to remove something and now I have another highly respected forum member's request to put it back!  We need a highly respected Moderator's opinion to settle this!

@CECAA850 can you find us one? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Yeah, I took it out.  And despite my pitiful attempts at humor, it really wasn't a big deal.  I am serious, if I post something and it hits a forum member the wrong way, after an appeal to remove it's my choice is to respect the forum member's request.

But now, I'm in a quandary; I have to respect one forum member's request to remove something and now I have another highly respected forum member's request to put it back!  We need a highly respected Moderator's opinion to settle this!

@CECAA850 can you find us one? 

=== my “re-post” was more tongue in cheek as to today’s absurd “political” theatre. No mods need to weigh in. Everyone take a deep breath - and return to your “safe space” — 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, richieb said:

=== my “re-post” was more tongue in cheek as to today’s absurd “political” theatre. No mods need to weigh in. Everyone take a deep breath - and return to your “safe space” — 

I need to work on my sarcasm, or I need to use more goofy smiley faces.  🤓

I wasn't asking for the issue to be settled, I was taking a shot across the bow at moderator  @CECAA850 to find a "respected" moderator.

Like my dad used to tell me, when you have to explain you humor, it probably wasn't all that funny to begin with.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So, back to the storm.  No the other storm.  I trust Heel got that toaster he owes me out for shipping before the storm shut things down.  Otherwise I will be a toastless refugee without any help from usaa who specifically restricted toaster claims in my policy.  Hope all is well and you escaped major damage, Chuck.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

It felt better once I stopped falling out of trees.

is it true what is said that it's not so much the fall that is an issue but when you stop falling is when the real problems occur?

how many times were your falls stopped?  or how many falls?  multiple stops within a single fall, like hitting branches on the way down?

do you still climb trees, perhaps to test your "falling skills" for comparison to the days of yore?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, -js- said:

do you still climb trees, perhaps to test your "falling skills" for comparison to the days of yore?

LOL!  You're poking fun, but there really is a story!

I was probably ten so let's say 50 years ago I fell out of the huge sycamore tree beside our house.  As I laid there groaning all I could say to my brother was "go get dad, I think I broke my arm."

Brother goes hauling butt to find dad and a couple of minutes later he returns with said father.  I'm laying on the ground crying and moaning, I say "dad I think I broke my arm."  My dad leans over me laying in the dust holding my arm, assesses the situation for a minute or so, finally takes the cigarette out of his mouth and says to me in his best Dad Voice (no kidding) "Dave, what were you doing climbing the tree?"

It's been a half century and I still don't have an answer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Accumulating $1,000's - or even $100's - of meat in a freezer is a liability.  Want to see where I store my meat for free until I need it?

newsEngin.20024010_rbb-heb-8.jpg

Thats all fine and well if you are well off and can afford to shop on demand, Reality is Most people (including me)in this country are not in that bracket. I buy when things are on sell and store them in a freezer.  Of course there is also the issue of when a big storm hits and no one can get in or out,  stores QUICKLY run out of product (I believe the average store stock will last 3 days at least that was the average back in the 90's when I drove over the road) 

Heres hoping you live a charmed life and never run into a situation where a disaster has isolated your neighborhood to the point product has run out..............Im thinking Black Friday like mobs or worse........................

6 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Weak.  You could not have been triggered by that.  Looks like an attempt to get even.

Apparently you didn't watch the video. I can't re-watch it now so I'll have to rely on memory. The inclusion of the mocking of a cable news network personality and later the 'FAKE NEWS' signage in the background was what I objected to. I recognized it for what it was, a further subliminal erosion of a free press. Which is vital to our democracy. In what way you ask? Take the election of 2016. Please. Maybe you're not as observant as I am.

Anyway, what did those aforementioned items have to do with the trumped-up on scene shots that the weather channel has done for years? And why were they included in the video?

Subliminal Perception. When peoples' thoughts, feelings and actions are influenced by stimuli without awareness. When perception about a product is more powerful than the awareness about that product. ... It occurs even when the stimulus is very weak but still can influence people.

Keith

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Moderators are kind, pure, generous people who love cats who love Klipsch.    🐈🐈🐈     They are some of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth.

I on the other hand am a miserable person from a small, rural state who can't help sneaking politics into every conversation due to a brain condition caused when I fell out of a tree as a child.  It's not my fault!  DON'T BAN ME!  😥

+++

BTW, I got your invoice from Paypal under the heading "bribe request."  Did you get the $20 I sent you?  If you need more to keep me in good standing on the Klipsch Forums just send me another invoice under "Friends and Family."  We'll keep this PM just between us as you requested.  No one else will know.  👍  🤓

First and foremost, I consider cats vermin.

Secondly, you left a few "0"'s off.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, joessportster said:

Thats all fine and well if you are well off and can afford to shop on demand, Reality is Most people (including me)in this country are not in that bracket. I buy when things are on sell and store them in a freezer.  Of course there is also the issue of when a big storm hits and no one can get in or out,  stores QUICKLY run out of product (I believe the average store stock will last 3 days at least that was the average back in the 90's when I drove over the road) 

Heres hoping you live a charmed life and never run into a situation where a disaster has isolated your neighborhood to the point product has run out..............Im thinking Black Friday like mobs or worse........................

And this is normal, it's not the stores fault thay can't get delivery trucks and demand is much higher than normal.

Prepare the best you can and deal with it, before it happens. 

It's your responsibility to know when to do the last minute preparations, get fuel for generator or whatever. 

Millions of people know this for the rest they can blame whoever they want. It reminds me of some of the complaints from people who stayed and went to the superdome, they complained, " they were not given anything to eat ! "  It was last resort place, no food service should have been expected, they should have taken some self responsibility. 

Plan ahead, money has nothing to do with it,  it takes very little if you plan ahead and do a little at a time, but this requires planning ahead, not the week of an event. 

I don't mean to sound like I don't care but, we have been through this more than once, along with plenty others, the only person responsible for you is you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

the only person responsible for you is you. 

^^^^^^^^

If you've never been through a bad hurricane, there's a lot that you don't know that you don't know.  You can read all the preparation literature you can get your hands on but it doesn't  prepare you for the next one like actually living through one does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1