Hurricane Florence 2018

wvu80

8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Haven't read through the last pages but wanted to report we are okay....LF, Jake, and me.  Just got electricity yesterday and internet this morning.  Not much time to chat now, over seeing the removal of a tree from LF's place (by crane).  The road to my house is still impassable but I walked in a few times.  No trees on house but trees down in the yard.

More later..........

Tarheel

Good to hear. Thanks for checking in. Best of luck moving forward!!!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Haven't read through the last pages but wanted to report we are okay....LF, Jake, and me.  Just got electricity yesterday and internet this morning.  Not much time to chat now, over seeing the removal of a tree from LF's place (by crane).  The road to my house is still impassable but I walked in a few times.  No trees on house but trees down in the yard.

More later..........

Tarheel

:emotion-21:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Could have just been a coincidence, I have no idea. Never thought about pulling the meter, do they charge to put the little wire seal back after power is restored ?

No charge and no issue pulling the meter in a natural disaster.  They understand.  It's the best way to power your house while at the same time making sure you're not back feeding into their system and potentially endangering the crews that are repairing damage.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

More later..........

Tarheel

Glad you are all OK.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Welllll, would have never thought of that but it's logical and truly the way to go in a situation like that!   :)

I can't take credit for the idea.  It came from an electrician friend.  I never realized how easy it was to pull, it's just a big plug with 6 lugs.

• Like 3

• Moderators
19 hours ago, wvu80 said:

LOL!  You're poking fun, but there really is a story!

I was probably ten so let's say 50 years ago I fell out of the huge sycamore tree beside our house.  As I laid there groaning all I could say to my brother was "go get dad, I think I broke my arm."

Brother goes hauling butt to find dad and a couple of minutes later he returns with said father.  I'm laying on the ground crying and moaning, I say "dad I think I broke my arm."  My dad leans over me laying in the dust holding my arm, assesses the situation for a minute or so, finally takes the cigarette out of his mouth and says to me in his best Dad Voice (no kidding) "Dave, what were you doing climbing the tree?"

It's been a half century and I still don't have an answer.

That's hilarious. 

At least it wasn't the ugly tree.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Moderators are kind, pure, generous people who love cats who love Klipsch.    🐈🐈🐈     They are some of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth.

I on the other hand am a miserable person from a small, rural state who can't help sneaking politics into every conversation due to a brain condition caused when I fell out of a tree as a child.  It's not my fault!  DON'T BAN ME!  😥

+++

BTW, I got your invoice from Paypal under the heading "bribe request."  Did you get the $20 I sent you?  If you need more to keep me in good standing on the Klipsch Forums just send me another invoice under "Friends and Family."  We'll keep this PM just between us as you requested.  No one else will know.  👍  🤓

I fell out of that exact same tree.

Hate cats.  Moderators like puppies and squirrels.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

What has a cat ever done to you to hate them?

They all ignore me and just go off and do their own thing.

They refuse to jump in ice cold water and bring back something I have shot.

They are also extremely difficult to herd.

Travis

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

What has a cat ever done to you to hate them?

Kill birds around my wife's feeders.

Dig up flower beds.

Climb on and scratch cars.

Crap any and every where you can imagine.

Kill squirrels.

Get in our vehicles engine compartment.

If it were legal to hunt them we'd have no problems with them.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If it were legal to hunt them we'd have no problems with them.

I'd say fewer incidents of problems - inherent attempts at feline retaliation for being hunted.  but severity/complexity of those lower quantity of problems could rise due to heightened ire of the hunted.

and then there's the whole "prey are just harder to find when in season" mentality.  I'm not a hunter but don't object to it.  I just prefer increased shuteye in the bed rather than falling asleep in a tree stand.  but for example in deer season, don't the deer immediately become more scarce, only to suddenly reappear the day after the season closes to mock you?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

More later..........

Tarheel

glad to hear immediate impact has apparently gone well all things considered.  :emotion-21:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, -js- said:

I'd say fewer incidents of problems - inherent attempts at feline retaliation for being hunted.  but severity/complexity of those lower quantity of problems could rise due to heightened ire of the hunted.

A chance I'd be willing to take.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Hate cats.  Moderators like puppies and squirrels.

They taste better

24 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Ever notice how in many cases dogs favor the appearance of their owners?

That's why some dogs have a bad attitude, ugly owners. 

• Like 2