Hurricane Florence 2018

wvu80

12 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Exactly!  If you have a few tons of meat, you better be ready.  On the other hand, if you don't, you are free to evacuate and go somewhere which is not affected.

YOU are free to. It takes resources to go somewhere and spend an unknown amount of time ?  A disability income does not provide for discretionary / emergency spending. :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

They all ignore me and just go off and do their own thing.

- They refuse to jump in ice cold water and bring back something I have shot.

-They are also extremely difficult to herd. -Travis

In other words, cats are exactly like your wife?  :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Kill birds around my wife's feeders.

Dig up flower beds.

Climb on and scratch cars.

Crap any and every where you can imagine.

Kill squirrels.

Get in our vehicles engine compartment.

If it were legal to hunt them we'd have no problems with them.

Let's hope cats are not exactly like YOUR wife!  :o

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

In other words, cats are exactly like your wife?  :lol:

No, they are exactly like my kids.

My wife is a rancher's daughter, in her world cat's exist to mouse (verb), if they do an awesome job they move on to the next ranch.  "Their" cats were feral.  If they had a really good mouser they would feed it to keep it around.

Their dogs, on the other hand, even though working dogs were allowed inside and were part of the family (unless they ate one of her Mom's chickens, and then .  . . well never mind).

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, joessportster said:

YOU are free to. It takes resources to go somewhere and spend an unknown amount of time ?  A disability income does not provide for discretionary / emergency spending. :) 

He is from Texas, in Texas when a hurricane comes the Governor, as an incentive to get people to evacuate, announces that motel tax is waived and if are on a fixed income they will pay part or all of their hotel bill.

Travis 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

He is from Texas, in Texas when a hurricane comes the Governor, as an incentive to get people to evacuate, announces that motel tax is waived and if are on a fixed income they will pay part or all of their hotel bill.

Travis 

There were several hotel chains offering free rooms to evacuees from Florence. Hiltons were one of them. Got a free night in Knoxville last Wednesday night.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Exactly.  My dog is good lookin.

Rotties are the Best!

Smart, loyal, loving, protective, obedient..............

The bad ones get notoriety, just like and for exactly the same reason as bad people do.

Abuse warps their minds, ya reap what ya sow!! 

• Like 1

It's a shame that this has to come from the eu.

Tabloid on tv "news" here was done with the storm a week ago after acknowledging rain was the biggest issue with it.

Then they ignore the facts of how that comes into play and move on.

They're busy with rumors from known biased individuals to further their never-ending coup d'état.

Hockey starts counting on the big screen tomorrow night!

All those folks that got hit hardest by the storm are getting hit a second time by that rain we and the mountains got upstream from them hundreds of miles away.

"If My People..."

• Like 2

Those pictures look eerily similar to how it looked around here a year ago after Harvey hit us.  There are still people putting their lives back together 12 months later.  The people in the Carolinas have a long road to recovery.  My heart goes out to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Those pictures look eerily similar to how it looked around here a year ago after Harvey hit us.  There are still people putting their lives back together 12 months later.  The people in the Carolinas have a long road to recovery.  My heart goes out to them.

That's true, it actually looks cleaner when the water is still in it as that girl is looking at it. Then the water goes down and the mold starts to take over, it's best to strip it all as fast as possible and spray with bleach. Just to start.

If you have a house with water, strip anything wet like drywall and insulation and spray  all wood framing down with bleach and ventilate it as much as possible, if the AC still works use it to dry it out and lower the humidity. When you work on it if there is any visible mold wear a good respirator. By the time the water went down after a couple of weeks, a couple of weeks later there was mold on everything, on some things 1/2" thick.

It is the reason my wife has been so sick for the last couple of years, you get a type of mold in your lungs after being around it breathing it in. The doctors are saying there not exactly sure how to treat it other than different antibiotics to find something that might work. We helped strip my aunts house for weeks, I was also coughing alot but i got over it after a couple of months. Christy never did get over the cough. The doctors say this is something new that has come up, there has never been so many cases and no experience to look back on to know about long term problems or proven way to treat it.

• Like 1