Wanted Altec Lansing driver

joehernandez509

13 hours ago, joehernandez509 said:

Are they all original ? Fully functional ? Also Are they matched pairs secqential serial numbers ?

They are all original and fully functional. I bought them many years ago, tried them as tweeters on my La Scalas. They sound good, but the 511B horns made my speakers look sort of like Altecs, so I took them off and they have been on a shelf, unused for years. I have sent you a PM.

IMG_1831.JPG.fc4a93f47896e69034e7254feb43af77.JPGIMG_1830.JPG.48c9604a45b06cc7cc01d0306c5ba9b6.JPGIMG_1832.JPG.21c0e27ab4dab5d1e5d010b37be4fb3f.JPGIMG_1829.JPG.5d0df080c25b6518d07305f27be5a995.JPG

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, Dave A said:

What would sequential numbers have to do with anything on drivers?

Probably not much, but better than getting a pair that were made years apart, using components from different suppliers. It was a fair question to ask after I initially posted a picture of just one driver.

BTW, Joe bought this pair of Altec 802-8G and I shipped them out a couple days ago.

You can contact Great Plains Audio in Oklahoma City.  They can provide you with original equipment, repairs, re-cones, etc.  If I remember correctly one of the engineers from Altec purchased all of Altec's tooling and opened up Great Plains Audio in order to service Altec equipment. 

https://greatplainsaudio.com/

I've used them several times over the years and highly recommend them.

Well guys about a week ago I posted my wtb thread not really expecting but hoping to find at least one 802-8g driver for a pair of 19’s I am redoing. Well what do you know ? khornukopia just so happened to have an immaculate pair just lying around waiting for me to make this post. So of course I jumped at the chance to buy his drivers . I had only seen that he had a good reputation on this forum but felt comfortable enough to send him the money . Well to make a long story short I feel the price was great, packing great , shipping speed superb and the drivers like I already said were in great condition . I am very happy with this transaction and especially with finding another fellow audiophile that is a man of his word. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, japosey said:

You can contact Great Plains Audio in Oklahoma City.  They can provide you with original equipment, repairs, re-cones, etc.  If I remember correctly one of the engineers from Altec purchased all of Altec's tooling and opened up Great Plains Audio in order to service Altec equipment. 

https://greatplainsaudio.com/

I've used them several times over the years and highly recommend them.

Thanks for the info, I was actually thinking of sending both my 416 -8b woofers to them to get re done and re magnetized . Has anyone here had this done by them ?

1 hour ago, joehernandez509 said:

Thanks for the info, I was actually thinking of sending both my 416 -8b woofers to them to get re done and re magnetized . Has anyone here had this done by them ?

Bill Hanuschak, founder of Great Plains Audio, did all of the repair, testing, and prototyping of Altec Lansing drivers when I worked at Altec in the 1990s. I believe that nobody on Earth knows more about Altec drivers than Bill. I haven't had 416s redone, but I did send a pair of 288 compression drivers to him a while back and they came back like new.

34 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Bill Hanuschak, founder of Great Plains Audio, did all of the repair, testing, and prototyping of Altec Lansing drivers when I worked at Altec in the 1990s. I believe that nobody on Earth knows more about Altec drivers than Bill. I haven't had 416s redone, but I did send a pair of 288 compression drivers to him a while back and they came back like new.

Yeah think Iam gonna do both . I really want to hear these at the best they can be . I guess my crossovers might need to get touched up to ?