Here's PWK's 1985 note re: T-S parameters and horns

karlson3

I found this in an old Audio Asylum thread... from 2002.

this might help some: "We went through a succession of different bass drivers over the years...........Then we went with Electro-Voice. That driver was the 15WK and the original was 16 ohm, I wanted an 8 ohm which in my horn came out to 16 ohm....." Paul W. Klipsch

It appears the original version, the 15W, was rated 16 ohm, but was slightly modified to the 15WK as an 8 ohm...either way, the "K" stands for the one that Klipsch used...and a further note here: The drivers Electro-Voice sent to Klipsch were tested by them in house before shipment to ensure they met the Klipsch spec requirements, then they were again tested once arriving at Klipsch prior to installation in the speaker cabinets for the same reason(and not all of them passed inspection), and once again tested AFTER installation as a part of the whole unit(again, some of them failed this test too)...so...there MAY be more "quality" involved in the "K" models than in the ones that were never tested in this manner, and were just shipped out from EV!