WTB RB-5 woofers, grills or both

K5SS

I just snagged a really nice pair but both the cones have small dents and they are missing grills. I would be willing to buy just the woofers, just the grills or maybe all 4, if the price works within my budget.

let me know if you have any laying around, that you are willing to let go of. Thanks in advance! 

13 hours ago, K5SS said:

I just snagged a really nice pair but both the cones have small dents

Congrats on the score, I love the RF-5's probably my favorite out of the whole Reference line. Those woofers are common but a lot o them have little dents / dimples, as the listing above states they were used in the RC-7 and RF-3 as well. The RF-35 woofers will work too but they have a different dust cap. 

Just so you know the RF-7 / RC-7 horn and driver will bolt right in to the RF-5's, I swapped complete RC-7 crossovers and drivers into the pair I eventually sold to a member here and it was a nice improvement. I've collected another set of the drivers for my current pair of RF-5's and working out custom crossovers soon to get the most of them. Don't get me wrong, they sound excellent stock but I just can't leave things well enough alone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, teaman said:

That woofer definitely looks better than the ones that are in mine but I am likely going to hold out for some that are mint. My eyes would looks at that dent, every time I got close to them. 

Thank you again for the continued help! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K5SS said:

That woofer definitely looks better than the ones that are in mine but I am likely going to hold out for some that are mint. My eyes would looks at that dent, every time I got close to them. 

Thank you again for the continued help! 

To be honest, I looked at it briefly and never caught the dent. I would pass as well.

• Like 1