In which Oicu812 is a complete idiot, and still manages to make it home alive.

Oicu812

I've got to tell a story on myself.  In the light of a new day, it's rather funny.

On both Thursday and Friday, I was operating on almost zero sleep.  Two, maybe three hours a night tops.  Between work and insomnia, I was a total wreck.

Meanwhile, I had been negotiating with Emile over his KP-3002.  We arrange for me to take a trip down to St. Pete, so I take off from work early yesterday to go pick up these (Awesome!) speakers.

I was extremely tired, and mentally whacked out.  As we are carrying them out to my car, I burst into a heavy sweat that was not merely caused by the Florida heat.  My glasses fog up immediately so I take them off and lay them down in the back of the Pontiac Vibe (It's a re-badged Toyota Matrix without the resale value).  I then start the process of putting down the back seats and flipping the carpet forward so that I could load the "rat fur" covered 3002's into the back.  I get them loaded, and we go back into the house where Emile has graciously provided some bottled water, and he wanted to demo his KPT-904's for me.  He has a fantastic setup, a literal wall of sound.  He built some matching cabinets to hide the 904 horns to avoid wife aggro, along with 3 matching Heresy's. 

It's at this point that I realize I didn't have my glasses.  I thought that I had taken them off inside, so I looked around at all the spots that I had been near.  No dice.  He then said that I probably took them off at the car, so I went out and they weren't there.  I dug around in the back, making sure they weren't behind or maybe in between the speakers.  Nope.

We went back in the house and had another unsuccessful rummage around. 

Twice. 

Back out to the car for the third time, and after a thorough search I found them underneath the front drivers seat.  When I flipped the carpet forward, the glasses must have flown to the front of the car, bounced off the dashboard, and ended up under the front of the seat.  Jeez.  Could I BE any more moronic?  I go back inside to let him know that I found them.  He was smiling by this point, so I thought I would back out gracefully, trying to recoup as much of my dignity as I could.  He closed the door, and I make it halfway back to my vehicle.

That's when I realized that I had left my medic's mini backpack with all my portable kit inside his house.  "Once more into the fray".  Good lord.

@Emile, you must think I am barely above a baboon in the evolutionary scale.  Serves me right.

Thank you again for the incredible deal on these, E!  Klipsch Pro, the best kept secret in speakers.

Here they are in a temporary spot for some testing:

IMG_1024.jpg

Once I get my office / listening room set up properly, I will add more pics to this thread...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

Thank you again for the incredible deal on these, E!  Klipsch Pro, the best kept secret in speakers.

Ron, you are welcome ... thought you needed these to elevate your evolutionary status ... haha; just kidding :D 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

No you are good. Sounds like my act. Murphy's Law. The Vibe is a hidden gem. Very few come up for sale. Good roadmachine and speaker hauler.

Glad you met Emile. Sounds like nice setup. Hope you saw his console project.

Enjoy!

Love the HeinlB)ein quote...

That '50's console will be amazing when it is completed.  It appears to be teak?   It makes me laugh thinking about modern sound coming out of that mid-century box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Ron, if you can get pick up some great speakers from a forum member and get them home without cutting off an ear, I call that a successful road trip.  👍  :emotion-19:

But come on, setting them up as large computer speakers?  You'd never catch me doing that...

58597fb52e888_CF-4Computersetupright1.thumb.jpg.c18264e2bbba4f32e34770d10e045d2c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You might be right but we almost never hear about the CF-1 and CF-2.  They don't seem to get the fanatical following the CF-3 & CF-4's do.

I absolutely love the CF-3/4 horn, big improvement over the Chorus II forte II k-61, much larger sound more like a La Scala.

The CF-2's have me curious and if a pair ever shows up near me at a decent price I think I'd jump on them just to check them out. They have the same horn driver as the CF-3/4 just on a smaller horn, same as the KV-4 / KLF-20/30. I'm sure those 8's in such a large cabinet would give my RF-5's a run for their money, would be an interesting comparison anyway.

8 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

@Emile, you must think I am barely above a baboon in the evolutionary scale.  Serves me right.

Thank you again for the incredible deal on these, E!  Klipsch Pro, the best kept secret 

I'm sorry I busted up at this point! Congrats on the new speakers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Emile @wvu80

I've got the KP-3002's set up, and Oh My God©

What sound hath Klipsch wrought?  These things are marvelous!  You get a lot more sound out of these at the same wattage level, than anything else I have.  Extraordinary.

Here's a quick pic, better ones tomorrow once I get some more lighting in here.

IMG_1025.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Emile said:

Jeez ... they look small now :D Of course not everyone uses a 60 inch (?) monitor :)  

That's true about the monitor size.  I work from home and have 8 different companies as clients, so I have a *lot* of windows open at one time.  This set of speakers will be working 10 - 12 hours a day except for meetings.  imoksmiley.gif

They are right at 1 meter from my head when setting at my desk, and the Super Heresy© are at the same distance behind me.  Fantastic sound stage and SPL.

@ClaudeJ1 does some amazing work!  I hope to be able to pick up some Cornwalls for his next upgrade project.  I wonder if I could sneak them in as the master bedroom speakers?  I have a pair of KG4's in there right now, so if I can find some Cornwalls in oak...  I will tell the misses that the KG's had a growth spurt.