Bob Carver's New Tube Amp 75x2

jjptkd

3 hours ago, cincymat said:

Now if they only can make an amp listen to my wife....  😎 

runs for cover

=== now hold on. I know both you and your wife. I noted her concern as you were carting out my Khorns. You didn’t listen to her, why should an amp? Shame on you — 

1 minute ago, richieb said:

=== now hold on. I know both you and your wife. I noted her concern as you were carting out my Khorns. You didn’t listen to her, why should an amp? Shame on you — 

I was thinking at least something would be paying attention... 

I suffer from Klipsch Acquisition Syndrome and cant hear anything when it kicks in.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, richieb said:

I too have met Mr. and Mrs. Cincymat and am appalled at his remark!

If I put that amp in a room with MY wife, I bet that amp would run out of there screaming in less than an hour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

I too have met Mr. and Mrs. Cincymat and am appalled at his remark!

If I put that amp in a room with MY wife, I bet that amp would run out of there screaming in less than an hour.

=== which is why All my gear is downstairs, hidden from prying eyes. Remember - out of sight out of mind.

7 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I wonder if they let Bob Carver proof that description before they published it.....I think there are a bunch of lofty claims here that are a bit......questionable, IMHO.  It looks nice though....

I saw a video presentation last year where he explained this feature. He uses the back EMF of the speakers as part of a low level feedback circuit, which enhances ambience.

• 11 months later...
On 9/17/2018 at 5:29 PM, richieb said:

=== ah Yes, KAS, common in these parts. A shot of Jubilee is a damn good cure —

So true. I wanted jubs bad. Got clones and realized just how big they were. Now I’m trying to stuff big horns into ever smaller boxes.  The jubs will break you if you’re not ready. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 3:04 PM, jimjimbo said:

I wonder if they let Bob Carver proof that description before they published it.....I think there are a bunch of lofty claims here that are a bit......questionable, IMHO.  It looks nice though....

Lofty claims sounds like Bob.

On 8/27/2019 at 12:14 AM, justinsweber said:

So true. I wanted jubs bad. Got clones and realized just how big they were. Now I’m trying to stuff big horns into ever smaller boxes.  The jubs will break you if you’re not ready. 

Mentally, physically, financially? All of the above is probably be close.

Mark

Well if anyone is interested, this amplifier is the real deal. I got one in on Tuesday and have been listening for a few hours. This damn thing is great. It is very small and light, two things that concerned me. But those concerns were unfounded. It is very dynamic and holographic. If you are looking for tube power in the 75 watt range, you owe it to yourself to check this one out.

IMG_0383[1].jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Well if anyone is interested, this amplifier is the real deal. I got one in on Tuesday and have been listening for a few hours. This damn thing is great. It is very small and light, two things that concerned me. But those concerns were unfounded. It is very dynamic and holographic. If you are looking for tube power in the 75 watt range, you owe it to yourself to check this one out.

IMG_0383[1].jpg

@pzannucci

So have you touched the tubes yet?

"   The Crimson 275 uses KT120 output tubes that run thru Bob's unique DC restorer circuit. This allow them to run cool and extend tube life. You can actually touch the tubes during play and they are not hot. "