[SOLD]: Chorus IIs, Academy, Quartets (Central California)

Olorin

Hi guys,

The big speakers don't fit anymore, and I've downsized to wall-mounted reference bookshelves, so you can get yourself a full "Extended Heritage" 5.0 in one shot.  I have a pair of Chorus IIs, an Academy, and a pair of Quartets, all in black.  Owing to size, these will be local pickup only, and if there's interest in pictures (say you'd need to drive a few hours to get here) I'll take some and put them up.  They live in Visalia, CA, roughly halfway between Fresno and Bakersfield, with me and the rest of my stuff.

-- Chorus IIs --

These are in good to very good mechanical condition, and cosmetically fair.  Grills are clean and badges are intact, but the cabinets suffered damage when they were shipped to me from Minnesota many years ago.  If you're skilled with filler and veneer, or have a good relationship with someone who is, they are quite repairable.  Cabs are structurally sound, and all drivers are original.  No dented dust caps.  $550 for the pair.

-- Academy --

Cosmetically good, with a clean grill and badge, and normal scratches, wear, and patina on the finish.  All original components.  $300.

-- Quartets --

Clean grills and badges, good finish with normal wear and patina, no dented dust caps.  $450 for the pair.

Pricing is fairly firm, and if you want to take the set all at once, it's $1200.  This would be great for someone who has a dedicated space or a large enough room to give them the space to breathe that they need; pair them with a competent sub or four, and you'll be out of reasons to go to commercial cinemas. 😂

Thanks for looking and hit me up with any questions!

• Like 1

All speakers back up for sale.  Ed, I SINCERELY appologize, however, these speakers will not all fit in my car.  I have a hatchback and I thought 100% for sure they would all fit.  I have had Chorus and heresys in my car at the same time prior.   I measured 10 different ways, no go.  I have only a hatchback available to me.   Tried to get some buddies with trucks to help, but they aren't willing to go that kind of distance.  6 hour round trip twice for me wouldn't make sense.  I am not a flake, but am forced to back out.  GLWS man!  Again, sorry.  

Can I rent that from 3 hours away and drop it off by my house? Then I have to buy a trailer hitch setup and so forth I take it? Uhual screwed up a car I had before by Jimmy rigging the lights on the trailer and splicing into my wiring without me knowing.... My trust for them is quite high as you can imagine... 

17 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Can I rent that from 3 hours away and drop it off by my house? Then I have to buy a trailer hitch setup and so forth I take it? Uhual screwed up a car I had before by Jimmy rigging the lights on the trailer and splicing into my wiring without me knowing.... My trust for them is quite high as you can imagine... 

I believe so.....plug in your info here

https://www.uhaul.com/Trailers/

2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

All speakers back up for sale.  Ed, I SINCERELY appologize, however, these speakers will not all fit in my car.  I have a hatchback and I thought 100% for sure they would all fit.  I have had Chorus and heresys in my car at the same time prior.   I measured 10 different ways, no go.  I have only a hatchback available to me.   Tried to get some buddies with trucks to help, but they aren't willing to go that kind of distance.  6 hour round trip twice for me wouldn't make sense.  I am not a flake, but am forced to back out.  GLWS man!  Again, sorry.  

if you had chorus & heresys in your car before, these chorus 2 & quartets will fit, the chorus 1 & 2 are the same size & the quartets are very close to heresys size.  then the acedemy will fit on the front seat or floor or in your lap!  just a suggestion...

Haha. I will have to have a passenger.   The problem is that the quartets are much taller.  Stacking them on top of each other won't work.  Trust me I measured multiple times haha. I certainly wouldn't drive all that distance to have them not fit.   Will explore the trailer option and see if I can't make that work.   

23 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'll call them when open to see what the deal is.   Thanks for the advice on that one.  This may work..   In the mean time if anyone else wants them, by all means.   

you can rent a U- haul van for 20 bucks a day, plus gas.  No need to get a trailer.  Or you could also rent a an suv type vehicle if desired. 

Uhaul truck I know from experience will be around 150 or so I would estimate.  Maybe more.   They charge mileage, gas vehicle fee and so on.  Distance is around 350 mile round trip.   I think the trailer option makes sense and is cheap.   Thanks everyone for the input.   We will see what I come up with.   Working for the next few days anyhow. 

2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

you can rent a U- haul van for 20 bucks a day, plus gas.  No need to get a trailer.  Or you could also rent a an suv type vehicle if desired. 

They'll also charge mileage but can pick up at speaker location...might be worth it depending on distance.

That is what I was curious about.   That would be a deal breaker..... 5 to 6 hour round trip plus additional cost and hassle.... I always put speakers in my car or use a buddies truck.   The less hassle the better for me if that makes sense...  I work a lot (12 to 16 hour shifts) and on my few days off i only have so much time for such adventures.   

21 minutes ago, Shiva said:

This ^^^.  You can go to one of the Rent-a-car places and pick up a mini-van, you don't need a full sized Uhaul truck, but a lot of times those trucks have special deals going on. 

I haven't looked into this but there are also roof rack cargo carriers.

For a round-trip one-day deal there must be something that would work.