FS: Fully Restored Klipsch Cornwall II's [TX]

dasanto2

For your consideration:

A newly restored pair of Klipsch Cornwall II’s. This pair was originally manufactured in a raw birch finish. Before doing any of the veneer work, I removed the trim pieces and re-finished the front and rear in a rust-oleum oil-based primer and satin black. The trim pieces were then replaced with solid walnut. The cabinets were surfaced with a beautifully figured “leopard walnut” veneer acquired from Joe at VeneerSupplies.com. This is a real wood veneer, not the cheap composite wood veneer used in similar offerings. Three coats of Waterlox finish were applied; For those of you not familiar with waterlox, it is a phenolic-resin modified tung-oil. It is my favorite finish as the tung-oil provides the best penetrating and drying qualities available while the resin allows the coatings to form a very strong film with an attractive sheen. Risers, were constructed in a similar fashion, as seen in the newest Cornwall III’s.

The B2 crossovers were recapped with Dayton audio precision audio caps. The tweeters were upgraded with new titanium dome offerings by Bob Crites. The squawkers are K-57-K, and the woofers are K-34E. Resistance measurements are as you should expect from all of the drivers. The side walls have been lined with an open cell acoustic foam. 

The original grills are included, and they are in fair condition. I constructed an additional set in a sand-colored acoustically-transparent cloth as they were a better match for my room; both sets will be included. I made a custom Klipsch logo as well.  The labels containing the serial numbers were in poor condition, and ugly in my opinion, so those have been replaced but the serial numbers have been conserved: 8634630, 8634631.

My reason for selling: As you can see, they are too large for my room, and my better half hates that they are so large. But most of all, this is a labor of love for me, and I enjoyed putting in the countless hours of work. 

I am located in College Station, TX.  I would highly prefer local pick-up due to their size. 

My asking price is 2,200, 2,000  1800 which is a steal compared to other offerings in the 3,500 to 4,500 range. 

I have attempted to make this ad comprehensive but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. 

Here is the photo album: https://imgur.com/a/QaYi5r8

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 6.15.38 PM.png

Edited by dasanto2
price drop
  • Like 4