An Aspirin a Day might not be Okay

Jeff Matthews

Plavix, Coumadin, and aspirin are obviously not the same thing, they all have different effects, and shouldn't be characterized as one better than another......don't ask me how I know.  And, you are absolutely correct....

29 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

If you need it, you need it.  The flip side could be much worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yes you are correct.   Unfortunate about being in the know.   Hope all is well with you BTW. My point was, of all "blood thinners" I would characterize a baby aspirin a day (if indicated) as fairly harmless in comparison with its potential life saving effects.   

Agreed.  They also stated price as a negative.  I don't know why as a years supply is about 5 dollars or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

The 1st paragraph is the one to pay attentions to,  IF you have no history of heart disease at age 70 low does aspirin may be doing you little, if any benefit.

You have to look at the NEJOM article to see exactly what they consider to be "history of heart disease."

Travis  

• Like 3

Not for everyone but I believe the less chemicals/drugs you put into your system, the better off you will most likely be. 

And no, I am not talking about getting off any needed prescriptions or anything like that. I just think people should just pay more attention to what we have all been sold over the years. 

• Like 1

My father passed from a massive heart attack the day after his yearly physical way back in 1990. My mom had a pulmonary embolism that ended up killing her in 07, if talking an aspirin a day can even possibly reduce my chances of heart or blood related complications I am all in.

Seeing that my dad was only 58 and my mom 71 I’m not sure there is any benefit of waiting until you are seventy to decide if a baby aspirin a day could be beneficial. I take one every morning and have for about five years now. As long as you are only taking the 81mg I cant imagine much harm coming from it. I would guess everything needs to be looked at on a case by case basis though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, teaman said:

if talking an aspirin a day can even possibly reduce my chances of heart or blood related complications I am all in.

My thinking is that if it saves your life one time, it's probably worth it.

I've had an stent and doc put me on Plavix and baby aspirin. I worry more about the long term damage from the Plavix than the aspirin.

• Like 1