An Aspirin a Day might not be Okay

Jeff Matthews

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

There you go!  Stay away from docs, except to know where you stand.  I've never had a doc not straight-up tell me how I can improve my condition without resort to drugs.  It's easy to make adjustments early - not so when you allow damage to get too far.

That's a good idea.

I had my wife read this, she just looked at me saying what do you think we have been saying.

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
3 hours ago, dtel said:

So the consensus here is to start taking them again, or not ?

If you're serious about taking healthcare advice from speaker nerds you could always start a poll.

I trust people around here :huh: well, a couple of them already saved me from some really nasty medicine, another gave me my first martini ever and the next day gave me my second well before lunch which set me back a little. :wacko2: Both were apperiacated and just what I needed in the long run.   

I'm good, I took an asprin today, the glaucoma medicine might be later.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, jwc said:

Docters r stoopid

This from one of the people who saved me from taking a terrible medicine, he's not one of the "stoopid" ones. 

Thank You very much JWC, I would still be very sick or worse now if I did not listen to you and went ahead and taken that medicine.

6 minutes ago, T2K said:

Men generally are stupid.

Hard to argue with that, or they at least act like it at times. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It's very clear that many on here have opinions of the article but didn't read it.  A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 20,000 "healthy" people with a median age of 74 years was conducted over 5 years.  Pay attention to the group.  "Healthy" is a key point here.  None of the members of the study had a history of heart disease.  Nothing suggests that people with a history of heart disease would be better-off giving up daily, low-dose aspirin.

Here is the actual summary of the study, itself:

That's exactly what a Cleveland Clinic doctor said on a recent TV interview. So I quit it.

JJK

""""I am at the age where colonoscopies are recommended"""

There seems to be very little controversy on that screening test.   One of the best.  Every physician I know or aware of ....and their spouse sign up at 50 to get that done.  Family history colon CA rules are different.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

There you go!  Stay away from docs, except to know where you stand.  I've never had a doc not straight-up tell me how I can improve my condition without resort to drugs.  It's easy to make adjustments early - not so when you allow damage to get too far.  Too bad I can't afford to get screened for everything known to man, but I do value the basic tests.  I am at the age where colonoscopies are recommended.  I don't know about that...  My friend's brother had one a while back and bled-out a lot, having to go to the hospital.  He had another recently and got some kind of antibiotic-resistant infection that has taken a bit of a toll on him over the last 2 months.  

A family friend  just died from a flu shot at age 53.  She developed Guillain- Bare Syndrome.  It is extremely rare but if it is you, it is 100%.  It is still better to get a flu shot......maybe?

• Like 1