Klipschorn/La Scala sound system

RobF

Hey guys. I am a new owner of some 1982 Klipschorns (thanks Driver Dog) and have been researching an amp to power them. I currently have a pair of La Scalas driven by a MC2205. For a preamp I am using a handmade rotary dj mixer from Japan by Alpha Recording Systems, the model is the ARS 9000 https://www.pbvinyl.com/collections/alpha-recording-systems-1/products/ars-9000-table-top-music-mixer.  For those of you who aren't familiar, these mixers are modeled after the vintage mixers found in NYC disco clubs of the 70's and 80's.

I am trying to decide which direction I should go to power the Klipschorns. Im am not too familiar with tube amps. The MC275 is known to pair well with these. Also thinking about staying with SS and going the direction of maybe the MC302 or MC452. I need XLR inputs on this amp btw.  Would the Khorns pair better with my MC2205 and the La Scalas with a tube? I have a fairly large space I will be using this system (wide open dance floor). Lots of different music will be played through this but mostly dance music.  Anybody in here run a tube and SS amp together? I am fairly new to the Klipsch Heritage line and the La Scalas are my first so forgive me for starting a SS vs Tube thread 😚 

Thanks,

Rob

I would say around 10,000 cubic feet. Ceiling height is about 20 feet. It might also be worth noting that I use the La Scalas at my home living room (which is small) and keep the Khorns at another residence being this one. I will be bringing the La Scalas out to pair with the Khorns for shindigs. Thats one reason I was thinking about going with a MC275 so I can have a variety of ss and tube for home listening. Mostly vinyl will be played through Isonoe modded Technics 1210 M5Gs. Any other info needed just ask. 

Edited by RobF

So I went with the MC275. Found one on here from a forum member for a reasonable price. First off it sounds loads better than my 2205 on my La Scalas. I now see the advantages of tubes. Haven't heard them on the Khons yet but once I get the whole system together I'll update you guys. False corners are next and I came up with a neat riser design for the top hats of the Khorns (hope it works out) and yes I will try to post pictures. Thanks for the replies. 😀

Edited by RobF
  • Like 2