Chorus III = PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!! ANY chance???

McBlueMeter

15 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I'd like to see it done with a larger mid horn like the CF-4 horn with mumps that would be really special. 

Have you looked at the Cornscala D by Bob Crites? This is the way to go especially if you listen in the near field where a two way integrated over a shorter distance. Much larger and better (wide band) horn than you will find in a Klipsch product higher quality driver as well.

https://critesspeakers.com/cornscala.html

The 396 is a 2 way with the K510
The KI-362-II is the closest thing to a Chorus III you can get. The same horns and drivers as a FIII with a 15” woofer in a smaller cabinet. I wonder if you could fit them into a Chorus II cabinet and make a Chorus III of sorts with the passive. Might need to alter the crossover? The mid horn is smaller than the Chorus II though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

The 396 is a 2 way with the K510
The mid horn is smaller than the Chorus II though. 

No contest between the mid horn in a Quartet, Forte ll or chorus ll and the 396 with the K510 which is a modern wide band horn design and which has much better polar response and so sound quality not to mention the higher quality wide band driver on that K510.

Oh absolutely not disputing or arguing for one over the other. Was just mentioning how it’s the closest thing we’ll probably ever see to a “Chorus III.” I’ve heard neither but I’m sure they’re both amazing with the k510 being the next best thing to a 402

Haha ummmm I think his answer is no.... for obvious reasons.  You have better and lesser on the market currently and there is no need for a median product.   Just my two cents.   I have owned the Forte III, Cornwall III and Chorus II and can honestly say, there is is NO NEED IMO for a current Chorus model.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Haha ummmm I think his answer is no.... for obvious reasons.  You have better and lesser on the market currently and there is no need for a median product.   Just my two cents.   I have owned the Forte III, Cornwall III and Chorus II and can honestly say, there is is NO NEED IMO for a current Chorus model.  

I'd bet a Chorus III built not holding back with todays best technology (current Klipsch parts) would likely outperform the entire Heritage line, I think it could be done seriously.

• Like 1

there was a forte & cornwall back in the day with ROOM FOR CHORUS... so why not now?  

i agree it probably wont ever happen today because klipsch doesnt really listen to peons like us on a forum, profit drives their products... but they did it back then, why not now... KLIPSCH?