Chorus III = PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!! ANY chance???

McBlueMeter

16 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I have owned the Forte III, Cornwall III and Chorus II and can honestly say, there is is NO NEED IMO for a current Chorus model.  

I have not heard anyone else make this statement before. My question to you is how would you place the Chorus II on the sliding scale when comparing between the Forte III--------Cornwall III? Maybe closer to one or the other and not exactly middling?

I would place the Chorus II pair I owned very close to the current Forte III.   The guy I bought the chorus II from didn't go nuts on the crossover though during recap, just basic Crites.  The Forte III sounded much better at low volumes.   The chorus I felt had to be up a little louder for the sound to equalize.   The Cornwalls have more bass output that is not as tight as the others, but sounds deeper than the other two.   The mids on the Forte III I liked much better, other than a sharp rise around 1.5k or so if I remember right, which was mostly fixed by firing them straight. 

• Thanks 1

Why not now? Because now large speaker sales have only 20% of the sales volume that they had 35 years ago.

if you don’t believe me, look at what Klipsch is doing. Look at what most of the brick and mortar stores, and the big box stores, are doing. They only bring back a model if it will increase overall sales, generate profit, and be sustainable for a decade or more.

the Chorus would scavenge sales from both the Fortes and Cornwall’s. Klipsch has many years of sales numbers, and they are not about to introduce another model that would would weaken sales of two models they already have in production.

• Like 2

Awesome decisions that shutter vital lines are incredibly stupid. There is a reason why Khorn were only spec built for over a year. And why the Forte and Chorus were offed for two decades, and why the Belle, Cornwall, and other speakers like the Jubilee were offed, or not offered in WAF format.

Again, Klipsch is a business, not a van filled with Deadheads looking for a miracle. If you want awesome, buy some Chorus lls and have SET12 build you some crossovers. Now THAT will be awesome, and cheaper as well.

I could never get into the idea of the CWIII having the smaller heresy mid horn. Never heard a pair though so can’t judge. I’m happy with my Chorus II and my newly acquired Klipschorns :)
A Chorus III with the same or larger mid horn with mumps and new compression drivers and tweeters and network would sure make me day dream though. How about just a pro version with the ability to upgrade your Chorus II to “III” via the pro parts? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
On 9/20/2018 at 5:18 PM, sheltie dave said:

Again, Klipsch is a business, not a van filled with Deadheads looking for a miracle.

Thank you, Dave. I just had to quote this, it made me laugh out loud.

Personally, I think aesthetically a Chorus would be an easier sell than the Cornwall, but I would guess we will get a new Cornwall with a larger tractrix mid and tweeter. Roy has said in interviews that it is Klipsch's goal to move all lines to that type of horn.  I the bass is tightened up a bit, then that would also be a plus.

Bruce

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Thank you, Dave. I just had to quote this, it made me laugh out loud.

Personally, I think aesthetically a Chorus would be an easier sale than the Cornwall, but I would guess we will get a new Cornwall with a larger tractrix mid and tweeter. Roy has said in interviews that it is Klipsch's goal to move all lines to that type of horn.  I the bass is tightened up a bit, then that would also be a plus.

Bruce

I;'d agree.  More Heritage than Chorus.

19 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Not picking on you, just sayin....Forte is not any more Heritage than Chorus. Both were considered "Extended Heritage" before Klipsch adopted the Forte III into the current Heritage moniker.The Forte compared to the Chorus just sold more pairs in the past, cost less, was smaller, lighter, likely had a larger profit margin. As far as room space.... most of the Forte III rooms I saw set up had ample spaaaace for a larger speaker. And in the speaker world, size does matter. Laws of physics.

Stay tuned....8/23/19

I am sure that a certain Heritage will be getting a new horn soon. But will it be tractrix? And will it have mumps? More importantly, how will it sound? And then how will that sound make you feel? Here is to good things yet come.

What picking?  Just seems Cornwall says with core Heritage.  Chorus would be more likely to sell though.

Hey 314, what mods did you do to your C2's?

Just curious as I got a pair a few months ago. I have to get them to NY before I can listen and see what needs doing. I saw your SET12 mention but can't find anything beside the Audiogon posts. I don't think I can spend $$$ but maybe if I got some background I'd get pointed in the right direction. 

BTW, I recapped my RB5's via Crites.

Edited by amped
didn't post the way I wanted it to